• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Problem with WAD colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

STUH

I'm Artistic deal with it!
So I made my STUHSUP STUHCHAR and STUHLIFE graphics{WAD frames..} already. first it was the color i wanted it to be then i converted it into a Doom Gfx Paletted{I use SLADE for my work} and the color was switch to negative I think, then I changed it back to PNG truecolor and chose the palette Sonic{SRB2} then I changed it into Doom Gfx Paletted again and it screwed up, then i changed it back to PNG truecolor and now it's black and white. I need help with this I would have done this for a Classic 90s Character WAD but you know where I'm coming from on this.

STOP! Reimport your png image and just use Doom Gfx (palletted) and sonic (srb2) under the right picture. Click convert. Under the convert to in the menu from right clicking the lump is colour remap. Foll around with the colours their as it is straight forward.

STOP! Reimport your png image and just use Doom Gfx (palletted) and sonic (srb2) under the right picture. Click convert. Under the convert to in the menu from right clicking the lump is colour remap. Foll around with the colours their as it is straight forward.
On color remap, it shows me this color palette do I just select my characters colors and then save it to a file or is it something else?{sorry I'm very new to these things}.

On color remap, it shows me this color palette do I just select my characters colors and then save it to a file or is it something else?{sorry I'm very new to these things}.

Alright, with Color Remap, you have three palettes. One of them (The top) is the one that you use to select the color you want to change, and the other (The bottom) is the one that you use to select what color you want it to change to. When you mouse over your sprite, the bottom-left palette will highlight the color you have your cursor over, which is how you find the color you want to change on the top palette. Once you've selected the color you want to change and the color that you want it to change to, the sprite in the lower right should show how it looks once the color has been changed. For changing more colors, you have to go to the top right box that has all of the ranges and stuff, and click "Add". That way, you'll be able to change pretty much any color for your character.

Also note that it's advisable to select all of the sprites that you want to change, or else you'll have to do them all one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back