• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I need DOOM2.WAD- GIVE ME A LINK TO IT! HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a441 said:
(Edit: Oops, SRB2's new map headers that support scripts kind of change this. But I'm working on a way to fix that, so you can either turn off scripts or only allow them to run "safe" commands.)

Err... last I checked, there really aren't any malicious commands you can execute in the console. :roll:

The Mickey Mouse Copyright Extension Act was passed in... 2002, I think, which adds an additional 25 years to copyrights.

And yes, Nintendo still cares about their original games. If you only knew of the NES ROM sites that used to exist...

Nintendo is VERY protective of their original NES games. Look at the ending of almost all new Nintendo games and it'll give you a message like this:

"All rights, including game, graphics, and music reserved by Nintendo."

This is mainly to drive the point home that ROMs are illegal. Doesn't mean people won't use them, as I have ROMs and emulators too, but they are and never will be legal. In our lifetime, anyways ^_~

the .ips file (I believe that is what it's called) is probably not illegal since it is data. However it still runs on the game engine (code) so the game itself is still illegal. If you seperate the two using some sort of patching utility it makes a difference.

FireMario has it right.

Patches = Legal
ROMs = Illegal

Since patches require the actual original file, and they are built of your changes, not the original game, it's legal, since it's your work, not theirs. The full ROM, however, contains a LOT of their work, like the engine, graphics, etc.

SSNTails said:
Err... last I checked, there really aren't any malicious commands you can execute in the console. :roll:

You could write over savegames or screw up permanent options. And if there's ever a vulnerability discovered in any of the commands, that could be exploited.

Hey, don't spoil it for him. Getting doom2.wad is the first test of wad making as far as I'm concerned. It requires a little determination and a little brainpower to do, hence avoiding REALLY bad levels =P

Okay... Okay...

Enough of this Nintendo keeps it's copyright stuff. Is there a way I can edit it without doom2.wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back