You There Sitting In Your Computer Chair, Picking Your Nose, Stop Dressing Like a Bum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god there was an article, almost exactly like Boinciel's post up there, in last week's edition of the ad-saturated tabloid that's distributed around here. It's a pretty freaky instance of déjà vu.

I myself have exactly one article of clothing that cost more than $50. It's my hope that I can make it last long enough so that I don't have to buy anything else to wear at my funeral.

You can actually find a suit at a thrift store or a good will for dirt cheap. My costume...er totally everyday internet browsing clothing was about $17 USD total (suit and pants).

You can actually find a suit at a thrift store or a good will for dirt cheap. My costume...er totally everyday internet browsing clothing was about $17 USD total (suit and pants).
This is actually a really good idea. The most important thing to look for is a good fit in the shoulders; if you move sideways into a wall, the shoulder pad and your arm should hit the wall at the same time (or your arm should hit slightly before). Just about everything else can be altered by a tailor. I have some very very very nice waistcoats that I picked up from Value Village for dirt cheap.

As a side note, about a third of the advice in the first post is actually worthwhile to listen to. If you do wear jeans, they should be a dark denim and not wrinkled or prematurely worn out. Waistcoats are nice if worn with a dress shirt and anything that isn't light or damaged jeans. T-shirts really only flatter people with athletic figures. I personally avoid all polyester if possible. Double-breasted waistcoats can only be worn by the dandy, everyone else should stay as far away as possible. Button suspenders are awesome but have to be worn with a dress shirt and tie to prevent looking like a farmer. Bow ties are cool if done right; always wear a jacket or waistcoat with them to offset the formality. Black shirts are very bad at matching things. The shoe advice is sound, as is the hat advice. All the other advice is garbage! :V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back