Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically said:
USA! USA!
Oh yeah, you finally killed the King of Hide & Seek. Big deal. :/
You do realize that this death may lead to even more deaths...right?

You're over generalizing that "basically every american here" has been so dumbly patriotic. A lot of people here have been finding this celebration a bit skewed, Americans and others alike.

The nuclear strikes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II were unnecessary and reprehensible, but I would call them "war crimes", not "terrorism". World War II was largely a war of civilian bombings, and every country did it; America just got carried away.

Would you seriously have preferred that America did a land invasion of Japan and caused casualties on both sides tenfold of what dropping two bombs did???

If you want to talk war crimes, what about all of the soldiers that Japan brainwashed into becoming kamikazes as a 'sign of honor for your country'?

Would you seriously have preferred that America did a land invasion of Japan and caused casualties on both sides tenfold of what dropping two bombs did???

If you want to talk war crimes, what about all of the soldiers that Japan brainwashed into becoming kamikazes as a 'sign of honor for your country'?
More specifically, it's the Nagasaki bomb I had a problem with. I believe the Hiroshima bomb was a dramatic enough spectacle to convince the Japanese government to surrender...and quite possibly Japan might have been ready to admit defeat even before that.

More specifically, it's the Nagasaki bomb I had a problem with. I believe the Hiroshima bomb was a dramatic enough spectacle to convince the Japanese government to surrender...and quite possibly Japan might have been ready to admit defeat even before that.

Japan would have rather slain themselves in honor than surrender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_2#Axis_collapse.2C_Allied_victory

The US also launched a large media campaign before the dropping of both bombs saying to evacuate the cities. Most Japanese thought it was a total bluff and didn't listen. While I didn't find it in the wiki article, I remember studying that the Japanese Emperor refused to surrender until Nagasaki was bombed...he had his chance after Hiroshima. I'm sure you can Google it somewhere.

Since World War II until 1999, the United States actually dropped bombs on 23
countries. These include: China 1945-46, Korea 1950-53, China 1950-53,
Guatemala 1954, Indonesia 1958, Cuba 1959-60, Guatemala 1960, Congo
1964, Peru 1965, Laos 1964-73, Vietnam 1961-73, Cambodia 1969-70, Guatemala
1967-69, Grenada 1983, Lebanon 1984, Libya 1986, El Salvador 1980s,
Nicaragua 1980s, Panama 1989, Iraq 1991-1999, Sudan 1998, Afghanistan
1998 and Yugoslavia 1999.

And YOU guys complain about 9/11, there were far more civilian casualties involved in these bombings, don't you consider the whole 9/11 could just be a response to all these attacks?

And YOU guys complain about 9/11, there were far more civilian casualties involved in these bombings, don't you consider the whole 9/11 could just be a response to all these attacks?

There's no context to that list. What were the reasons the U.S. dropped bombs in each of those events? There's a huge difference between provoking war, retaliation in warfare and terrorism, you know.

To my knowledge, the 9/11 attacks weren't some kind of retaliation. It was supposed to be a message of fear, at which it pretty much succeeded.

Last edited:
If the Nuclear bomb in Japan prevented people from dying, then why didn't they just use it in Germany at World War II, woudn't that have "saved people" aswell?

At first I didn't believe you, but then I saw your compelling, elaborate, detailed source. I guess you must be right...

In other words, what the fuck? Source or GTFO. And I'm sure you won't find a source.

SpiritCrusher, lots of people are suspicious as to whether he's really dead or not because there's no actual proof, what with the prompt burial at sea and the US government refusing to show any photographs of the corpse or anything.

SpiritCrusher, lots of people are suspicious as to whether he's really dead or not because there's no actual proof, what with the prompt burial at sea and the US government refusing to show any photographs of the corpse or anything.
Ah, this is precisely the kind of environment in which conspiracy theorists are born. This sounds like paranoid fearmongering to me.

Let me ask you this: what would the U.S. government possibly gain by pretending Osama bin Laden was dead when he wasn't? It serves no conceivable counterterrorism purpose. The only possible benefit would be a temporary boost in President Obama's approval ratings, and I don't believe he would be so short-sighted as to risk the backlash that would follow if the true story got out.

The most likely reason the government has withheld any photographs of Osama bin Laden's corpse from the public is to discourage further celebratory reactions. He was shot in the head, right? Photographs would probably be pretty gruesome. I don't think the government wants throngs of cheering people waving signs depicting bin Laden's bullet wound.

Last edited:
Makes sense, but tell that to the growing popular opinion among my peers >_>.
Oh, and there are also those in my school that think he's been dead for a long time, but only now did they choose to "kill him off" as a strategic campaign act or something along those lines.

I personally think that in all likelihood, the man is dead.

I can't remember if he was bad, or not. I heard this randomly on the News. My mom talked about the person he may be, But I don't remember the name. Now that the bad person is dead, I can tell he's in hell right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back