I have a dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
See, I finally have the money to get a video game, but I have a tough decision to make. I'm stuck between two choices:
Portal 2 -or- Crysis 2
This is on Xbox 360.

I'm really torn on this one. Portal 2 looks fantastic with all the puzzles and the new stuff to play around with and all the positive reviews and such. It looks like a big barrel of fun, and I'm no doubt going to enjoy it VERY MUCH.
But....

I'm a big shooter fan, and Crysis 2 just seems like a big juicy morsel to snack on. It's graphics are great, the single player is long, and it's got online multiplayer (which may or may not be good). Hell, even Yahtzee gave it one of his more positive reviews.

I can buy one and rent the other, though which should be which I do not know!

Its essentially fun vs longevity. On one hand I have Crysis 2, which could last me quite some time with all its content, and on the other hand I have Portal 2, which just looks like a blast.

Gotta make my mind up! Which seat game shall I take?

Last edited:
I would get Portal 2 because you know that with Portal 2, you will have fun, but only get Portal 2 if you played the first one.

I'd go with Portal 2, Crysis feels like a game ported from console to PC, and as such it leaves a lot to desire, it's nowhere near as good as the first Crysis, which I loved Power Struggle on.

How about neither, just kidding. Crysis 2 has a multiplayer mode which is pretty good, the Portal 2 is mainly just the campaign with co-op campaign so if you want something to last, Crysis 2. I'd just rent Portal 2.

Alrighty, after thinking it through for quite a while, I'm going with Crysis 2. I'll just rent Portal 2 eventually.

Portal 2 seems like a game that would get boring after going through it once. (As a person who owns it) Playing through the same puzzles and knowing how to solve them isn't as fun as never playing through it. Renting the game sounds like a good option. If there is a sale(Steam ALWAYS has them) and if it's at a good price, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back