Super Mario (big Fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

This is the 8-bittish version of Super Mario. So as not to provoke the rules, here's my explaination for making/releasing this. This isn't a recolor, I have done most of the sprites from scratch, these sprites aren't tiny like mini_mario.wad, and players won't have to be annoyed by only being able to shoot 0.00001 mph fireballs. Screenies:

srb20045qk0.png

srb20046hq2.png

srb20047fw5.png

srb20048le4.png

And now for the download link:

super_mario.wad

Edit: Since everyone's been nagging me about this wad's flaws, I've decided to release a fix'd version. You want to know changes in wad? You play wad. (And yes, Mario does have a more traditional SMW jump sprite.)

New Download Link:
super_mario.wad

Sendspace Link:
super_mario.wad

Enjoy.

It's a little more pixellated than it needs to be... I understand it IS supposed to be like 8-bit mario, but some depth couldn't hurt. Also is there anything more interesting that can be done for the character rather than a simple thok?

Then they can play as Sonic instead and this wad will be obsolete. Maybe soc a custom ability that will act as a slower thok that pushes him further upward as well. It would be unique enough to give players an excuse to choose him over Sonic and yet still be close enough to Sonic to make him a speed character, if thats what you are going for.

Of course, he says he can't SOC for [insert whatever object he chooses to say at that time here], so someone will have to do it for him. I'll try, except I'm not sure if I'll do it right.

OK, I tried doing the thing with a slower thok where you rise in the air, but it didn't work. Could any of you with 1337 SOCing skills tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here's the WAD. (Make sure not to have it overwrite the original)

The multi-thok isn't fast enough to make him rise, and the only way to make it fast enough(that I know of) is to make a SOC for it.

Multi-thok makes him faster than Sonic, who is already really fast as it is.

light dasher said:
Multi-Thok is overpowerd, even if the character can't walk
Not really, sometimes multi-thok is less useful than a normal thok. Like the underpowered useless Thok from some beta of some mod which I forgot the name =p

I personally think that multi thok is most useful in suddenly changing thok directions to throw off a persuer. Though doing so is difficult to do unless falling from a great height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back