• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Daunting Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I have started working on a desert map, inspired by Egypt. Dangerous Desert sounds too weak, and Dusty Desert is already taken, so I called it Daunting Desert. For those who will just test it without pictures...
Try to find the emerald token!

For those PIX OR GTFO people...

srb20015wy4.png

Beginning of level.

srb20016th8.png

The first set of ruins you'll come across.

srb20017bv7.png

A river! Amazing what you can find in a desert!

The level will focus on exploration, not just bashing robots and getting through as fast as you can. Many treasures are hidden in the desert, but will you be able to find them? It's short right now, but it will expand!
As I said, see if you can find the emerald token. See if you can get it.

My feedback is.

Too easy to find it, it was obvious to look on the pillars due to the fact of the broken one on the floor. I first went up to see if it was walkable, then i turned around and saw the other broken ones.

OK, I'll move it a bit. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: How do I make a triggered door? I have the pyramid ready, but I need some help getting the door to be... um... standing? I'm willing to use multiple FOFs to get the pyramid shape back, but I need some help getting a door that will slide down when triggered.

Not sure, closest thing i ever got to that was a switch activated sliding up door, by the way i'm guessing your pyreamid would be better with like a straight out hole. that you fall into.

A trap if so you will, a very original idea for a door.

Yeah, that's what I was going for. I wanted a door you needed to get a switch to find, but I guess I'll have to go for a bustable block.

Now with end zone!

Yeah, there will be a second act when I finish this one.

Well, what do you want me to say. It looks. . . scenic. I mean, that's all well and good if that's what you're going for, but. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back