This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
The drop dash seems a little slow, why is that the case? Doesn't even go sonic running speed (or it doesn't look like at least.)
The maximum speed it shoots you at is above the player's normalspeed value, this also increases if you get the speed boost power-up.
Are you charging the drop dash long enough before you land? If not, you won't get very far.

V1.4 is up

Changelog (v1.4):
============
A) MISC
============
1) Power-up hud no longer shows for other vanilla characters.
2) Character switch orb no longer appears for vanilla characters.
3) Shield ability can no longer be toggled if not Sonic or Knuckles.
3) Invincibility and elemental fire trails now add to the player's kill count.

Hi, i'm really loving your mod, it's shaping up really good and i wish you the best,

On a sidenote, and sorry to take a peek on your code, i noticed that the hud still appears on custom characters, so i dug a little a noticed that you check if the player is using one of the vanilla characters. Wouldn't it be better if you checked just for sonic or knuckles, enabling the hud and shield toggle to just them and not for the others (including custom characters)? Mind you, I have no experience in lua so I don't know if that works or not.

Again, sorry if i sound like a jerk or a smartass, i just really like this mod

...i noticed that the hud still appears on custom characters, so i dug a little a noticed that you check if the player is using one of the vanilla characters. Wouldn't it be better if you checked just for sonic or knuckles, enabling the hud and shield toggle to just them and not for the others (including custom characters)?
Yes it would, I tend to forget about other characters when I test this mod.

Mind you, I have no experience in lua so I don't know if that works or not. Again, sorry if i sound like a jerk or a smartass, i just really like this mod
No it's fine thanks for the feedback, I'll update this later on today.

Update v1.5 (probably my final one)
I wanna hurry up and get started on new character team mechanics now :P

Changelog (v1.5):
============
A) MISC
============
1) Minor changes to script to avoid clashes with other character mods.

This and battle work together perfectly. It's honestly super fun to play this, and I wish this was a mainstay feature lol

In case anyone is wondering, this mod seems to be working just fine in 2.2.6 despite the changes to Knuckles. His jump seems a bit high though...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back