One week after launch - has SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
saturatedfat said:
Every zone except ERZ1 & 2 is trash... sorry. I mean seriously, stupid puzzles(specially that water level) with no clear path. A lot of trial and error things are in this game. Especially in the ERZ zones, I remember in ERZ1 you go outside into space at the end and have 5 seconds... There is no way you can do this on your first try and is stupid to have added. ERZ2 there is this part near the beggining where you go outside and you hit this flip to change gravity. If you don't move forward you die, BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW BEFORE YOU ARE DEAD?

1. DSZ2 had a bunch of paths that lead to the goal, not just one, so it gives the player different options. A clear path would take the fun away from it.

2. Um, you can't speak for everyone <_<

3. Why would you not move forward? That's just common sense.

Well, Aside from my misinterpeted expectation,
Match mode: can't really tell at this point. need to play a good few rounds first
CTF: Much better than I expected and that space zone from 1.09.4 is also gone.
Single player: aside from the Sigsevs, The levels were really improved, only special stage 7 falls below expectations.

emblempride said:
saturatedfat said:
Every zone except ERZ1 & 2 is trash... sorry. I mean seriously, stupid puzzles(specially that water level) with no clear path. A lot of trial and error things are in this game. Especially in the ERZ zones, I remember in ERZ1 you go outside into space at the end and have 5 seconds... There is no way you can do this on your first try and is stupid to have added. ERZ2 there is this part near the beggining where you go outside and you hit this flip to change gravity. If you don't move forward you die, BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW BEFORE YOU ARE DEAD?

1. DSZ2 had a bunch of paths that lead to the goal, not just one, so it gives the player different options. A clear path would take the fun away from it.

2. Um, you can't speak for everyone <_<

3. Why would you not move forward? That's just common sense.

He's not speaking for everyone, he's just voicing his opinion. Also, I know which part he's talking about, and it wasn't really obvious that you should've moved forward at the time, he really has a point there.

I have but two words:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

This is seriously the best thing ever. I love 2.0, despite all the silly glitches it has. :P

It's one of the best releases ever, even though with every patch release, the multiplay seems to be getting more buggy. Well, kind of a small gripe, even if it is a big problem. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

glaber said:
...only special stage 7 falls below expectations.
Play it as Tails or Knux. I beat it as Tails on my second try.

Anyways, it has definitely exceeded my expectations. Especially ACZ (visually stunning) and ERZ (hard as hell) are awesome, but every other new level has great new level design, gimmick, enemies, secrets... The only zone that feels wierd is CEZ but it's obviously unfinished. I haven't unlocked all of the secrets yet but from what I've heard they are great as well.

Still haven't played multiplayer yet...

SpiritCrusher said:
glaber said:

I beat it as Sonic on my first try. >_> Seriously, WHAT is so damn hard about it? You guys don't know how hard they COULD have been, but they didn't.

SpiritCrusher said:

Neither. I'll probably get round to that soon though.

I've barely played any single player due to all the multiplayer to be done. I guess some people do it differently.

Callum said:
SpiritCrusher said:
glaber said:

I beat it as Sonic on my first try. >_> Seriously, WHAT is so damn hard about it? You guys don't know how hard they COULD have been, but they didn't.
I haven't tried it as Sonic, but I only died once because I was dumb enough to let the platforms crush. It really isn't that hard. (Just as ERZ is not THAT hard.)

Some aspects of the game disappointed me, like the loss of flexibility in character design, but in general, I'm very pleased with the new version.

SpiritCrusher said:
glaber said:

Anyways, it has definitely exceeded my expectations. Especially ACZ (visually stunning) and ERZ (hard as hell) are awesome, but every other new level has great new level design, gimmick, enemies, secrets... The only zone that feels wierd is CEZ but it's obviously unfinished. I haven't unlocked all of the secrets yet but from what I've heard they are great as well.

This is my thought on it.

Well, here are my opinions about everything:
Single Player was really the best, it had great levels VERY good visuals and whatnot, it has some nice Bonus Levels too.

The new Match system is really great, the new Weapon Rings, Chaos Emeralds, and the new levels! Just too bad some of the 1.09.4 levels are gone.

Tag is also very fun, but the new system that everyone who gets tagged becomes IT isn't.

Hide and Seek is finally a gametype, and my favorite at that!
It's like Tag but this involves one player hunting the other players down, and I love to do that, but it's also fun to hide yourself.

Race is something I dont do very often, but when I do it's pretty fun.

CTF is one of favorites, I usually Scatter everyone in the field, but with Knuckles I like to glide over the field and throw Grenade Rings down to the poor victims. Oh, and just one last thing: there are only six CTF levels :(

I love the new srb2! It's actually better than I thought it would be. I love the new special stages too. The only things I don't like are the sheild bots and how hard the final boss is to hit. I die like 20 times before I can kill him every time.

Spazz said:
Has SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

• Almost, Yayz = +1 , Hooray = +2 ,Meh = -1 ,boo = -2.
    1p mode is cool. (YAYZ!)
    Emblems are cleverly hidden. (Yayz)
    Bonus levels(Nights and Mario) are the same as 1.09.4. (Boo) Give us more levels,like Botanic Serenity secret level.
    No SA Levels (Boo!)
    ERZ 1 and 2 lived up to it expectations. (Hooray!!)
    New Special stages (Yayz)

[spoiler:733e05dbcc]SRB1 levels remake, [spoiler:733e05dbcc]I had no clue Srb1 levels were actually a hidden bonus (Sorry Spazz..).[/spoiler:733e05dbcc] [/spoiler:733e05dbcc] (Yayz)

Multi-player(All Hoorays)

Server options and gametype options and Network options should be one. (Meh)

Well, Those were my expectations, but the question was :
Spazzo said:
SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

and my answer is....[spoiler:733e05dbcc]Yes.[/spoiler:733e05dbcc]

It was pretty disappointing. I disliked all of the new zones. Match/CTF was turned down for me, but it was still fun.

Spike things were taken out. How sad.

I enjoy SRB2ME Alot.
But a few of my favorite 1.09 Maps have been removed, Which saddens me.
Other then that, Thumbs up to the Devteam.

Callum said:
SpiritCrusher said:
glaber said:

The special stage requires the same exact jump to be executed multiple times in quick succession with failure being an instant time up. It's not so much challenging as it is annoying and frustrating. If I'm going to go out of my way to take the time to repeatedly look for the emerald tokens to play the same special stage, it ought to be enjoyable, and I can't really enjoy as repetitive a stage as that.

Oh, and the classic games last special stages were easy. Sonic 2's - Much easier then the previous ones Sonic 3- Easy Sonic 1 - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back