• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[WIP] The Return of GraphicX8000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2WIPX8000-16.gif

Item boxes changed although I think it might be lacking and also a few changes. The 1up is the odd one out here due to the way the A_1upThinker is used so instead I gave it a flashy effect and yes it works with all characters. *The player icons won't show on the extra frames so I did a small hack to show a 1up icon on the frames that the face icon goes poof.* Oh and invincibility sparks changed.

If anyone might know how to have the face icon stop flickering that would be helpful, but it's not a priority for now.

Nice monitors. 1UPs seem a bit too flashy, but the rest is okay! Keep up the good work.

srb2WIPX8000-17.gif

Really need to speed things up with this, but anyway... Item Boxes. Again, 1up Box is still flashy and the Random Box cycles through the power-ups that you can get from it.
*By the way, the given power-up is still random so timing it to get X power-up won't work, sorry.*

Last edited:
srb2notdeadyet.png

It's not dead. Could this perhaps a teaser? Or could it be that I'm now actually getting around to work on it? Anyway have a look at the Credit Font.

Last edited:
God, i remember this wad, it was so cool back in the day for me. Of course i was new to srb2 then. Its nice to see your making a comeback SonicX8000. I always wondered where this wad originated from, now i know.
1586.and-knowing-is-half-the-battle.png_2D00_610x0.png
Sorry, that reference was iniminate for me.

I think it's about time I revive this thread after not touching this thing for a loooooong time...

emblemsWIP.gif
Been messing with the emblems for awhile and deciding which ones I wanted to go with... one design was just reusing a sphere and gluing the wings on it which was silly. One design was using a ring and gluing the wings on it which I think was used in an old graphicx8000 file but I wanted it to be different for once... finally I went with this design which is shown in the gif. Still a WIP such as finishing the other icons.

I know this isn't much to show after it's been months but I've barely worked on this thing for a long time and only recently got around to it. Also the tiny icons for the emblems are squashed due to the gif being 320x200. It looks fine in-game.

Oh my god, those emblems are certainly much more unique. They just have this divine vibe coming from them, and I love their general appearance. Much better than just a circle with wings.

Those emblems look pretty neat and I like the design you did with them. Glad to see you back in business SX8k!

Even though I'm 2 years late to say something on this forum. But I like those new sprites. Great job SonicX8000.

Last edited:
He can't change the modified flag, and you can't force someone to work on it, it's his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back