Anyway of soc editing the Starpost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Bascially what I was wondering if it's possible to socedit the Starpost to have it remain on a certain frame once it activated.

For example... when it's activated, it cycles between STPTA0 & STPTB0, what I want to do is have it stay on STPTB0 or at least edit it entirely so 1 frame is the inactive frames, while the remaining others are the active frames and it stops just like the inactive frame, only it's active, think Sonic 1's Starpost if you don't know what I'm taking about.

In-case you need a image...
s1starpostWIP2.PNG

Blue is inactive while red is active, I want it to not flash between these 2 frames otherwise it'll be a seizure starpost, which I want to avoid, but that's only if it's possible to edit the starpost via soc edit.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible, just give the first flashing state a duration of -1, making the second state unused, and make sure the first state has a SPRITESUBNUMBER of 1 (sprite B) so it has its own sprite, independent from the pre-touch state.

It's certainly possible, just give the first flashing state a duration of -1, making the second state unused, and make sure the first state has a SPRITESUBNUMBER of 1 (sprite B) so it has its own sprite, independent from the pre-touch state.

What slot would this be using in the "Edit Things" tab of socedit? I can't seem to find it for some reason, unless I'm looking in the wrong place for it.

EDIT: Is it "74 - MT_STARPOST"?

EDIT2: Turns out I was looking in the wrong place after all... it was under "Edit States". Now to mess around with it and see how it goes...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back