Should there be an art forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

If this is the wrong place to make this post, I'm sorry.

Okay, I don't know if this is really all that important, but to be honest I think that Art should be it's own category, where people can create topics for art dedicated just to theirs. That way if someone does some "bad" piece of work, they won't be distracted to give it comments and critique because there is an image much more beautiful looking either above or below it. Not only that, but I personally think that if people could have their own art thread, keeping an organized gallery would be a lot simpler as opposed to the big and giant mess in "Post your pics here"
I think that as a forum, people should be allowed to show off their works of art in their own topic as opposed to an overall "big" topic meant for everyone to post in the same topic. I personally think that it's a little silly, and isn't a good way to get comments and critique on some artist's works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall art being a major focus of the forum. The art thread works fine. If people want to share their art with those circumstances in mind, they should just sign up on deviantART or some other website that's actually based around the concept of a website for artists.

Of course, dA fits that description quite loosely.

Well see, I know art isn't a major focus of this forum, but -many- other forums that have absolutely nothing to do with art, even some with minor relevance, even have their own art topics.

I don't like using an art thread because whatever I posted before was ignored along with many other posts, and only bad pictures/really good ones were ever noticed.
At the same time I don't think an art forum works with the kind of users srb2mb has, but a single art thread does.

Well, it might be cool to be able to make your own art topics, because they would stand alone, but I don't think it would be that important at the end of the day.

But neither is the "post your art here" thread. The only difference is, is that people can have their own topics meant for themselves as opposed to the art thread, where people don't REALLY comment as they just post pictures and leave. Not exactly that good of a thread in my opinion.

Well, Television and Movies has been around for quite a while, and it has 27 topics. Honestly, when Off-Topic has well over 1,000 threads, the separate forums are kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back