Post your original musical compositions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Root,

That's a nice melody and drum beat you have going there! It would work great as a mini boss theme!
You can easily fill out the sound by keeping everything you've done so far and adding a consistent bass line going throughout the song. In addition, you can add a pad, keys, strings, guitar, or something that plays either continuous or rhythmic chords throughout. On top of that you can add some sparkles and shimmers and ear candy.

Basically right now you have a melody, a countermelody, and a drum track. Add in a bassline, sustained or rhythmic chords, and some ear candy and you'll have yourself a really nice sounding track!

Hmmm it took me a while to get the general sense and tone of the song. Honestly i dont like how it sounds imo.

Like Ultimate said, just add a few more instruments, definitely a baseline. Maybe try to make the main melody standout too.

When i hear miniboss or boss theme i think fast tempos and simple yet catchy melodies.

Good work nonetheless!

All of that stuff sounds good, Cobalt. JJ's theme reminds me of your Super Sonic track for SRB2, actually! I really liked that, and this is great too. I wish I could offer more meaningful criticism, but good work.

Cobalt, as I've said elsewhere, your tracks are awesome! I love the Dedede medley and JJ's theme. The way Dedede's medley progresses is just awesome, especially with how crazy it gets near the end.

MK, that title screen theme is beautiful. Great job! I have so much to learn regarding digital music...must...improve...

Thank you, MK! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for commenting! That was exactly the effect I was hoping to create through the song.

Made an orchestral boss battle theme for my pretend RPG! You may want to turn down your volume a bit...starts off with a bang. Any feedback, thoughts, or criticisms you guys have would be much appreciated. If you have a moment to listen, please do!

"From the ruin's depths the beasts awakened, and before them stood - towering, like pillars of stone."

08. Before the Pillars of Stone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back