Cream & Cheese v2.0 - WE FIGHT TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER

srb20172.gif

srb20173.gif

Thanks, once again, to Badz/Badnik, Cheese hits monitors and bosses! He still tries to attack springs to no avail, though. Badz was gonna make him bounce of them, but he was all "nope". She'll be updated when Virt actually does those sprites. If he does them.

srb20172.gif

srb20173.gif

thanks, once again, to badz/badnik, cheese hits monitors and bosses! He still tries to attack springs to no avail, though. Badz was gonna make him bounce of them, but he was all "nope". She'll be updated when virt actually does those sprites. If he does them.

finally!!!

Such an amazing character port by D00D64 and Virtual, could get chaotic in multiplayer when used online, especially in match games!
[SIZE="-9999"]though it would only be a matter of time before these guys do ports for hinote, shadow, charmy, vector, espio, and K.O.TE[/SIZE]

[SIZE="-9999"]though it would only be a matter of time before these guys do ports for hinote, shadow, charmy, vector, espio, and K.O.TE[/SIZE]

1: Hinote is already being ported, from what I have read on other posts. Or maybe I was reading things asleep and my head just thought that.
2: Shadow is being remade by Speedwagon.
3: I'd seen someone made a port of Espio somewhere.
4: Same as Shadow, but by CoatRack.

Don't know of the rest of them, but oh well, just have to wait.

Hinote is already being ported, from what I have read on other posts. Or maybe I was reading things asleep and my head just thought that.

Hinote (or Alice, as I think she's called now) has mentioned to me that she's working on updating Hinote's sprites, so we'll probably be getting a 2.1 port of her eventually. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of unofficial ports floating around out there by now, though.

I heard Duon had one for his server though, so it can be true. Anyway, I'll port Hinote myself for own purposes and upload it to my dropbox for anyone to get her until Alice gets her Hinote port here.

3: I'd seen someone made a port of Espio somewhere.
You were the one responsible for that, you ported it without permission and released it on the SRB2 Skybase where all things that would normally be rejected here are accepted.

The Cheese attack is fantastically overpowering. I love it.

I'd suggest that perhaps Cheese float around Cream with an animation and "elastic" physics rather than just sit awkwardly in one place. He looks kinda...zombie-like in his current form.

I'd suggest that perhaps Cheese float around Cream with an animation and "elastic" physics rather than just sit awkwardly in one place. He looks kinda...zombie-like in his current form.

It's even worse when you use the MD2! Either way, good wad, only bad thing is her running sprites look odd

Last edited:
nI271q4.png

This reminds me of one of those cheat codes in Ultimate Flash Sonic.

It's not too much, really. Just Cream and Cheese in SRB2. Although, her speed bothers me. She feels faster than Tails. I haven't exactly used Tails that much, but she feels faster than you'd expect. Cheese's only purposes in the end attacking enemies that'd be dangerous to go near (activated Sharps, Snailers... basically ERZ as a whole) and childish amusement (I took a picture of the result of holding ring toss near a spring. Cream went into her boredom animation which made her look worried).

Though, that character select image terrifies me.

AUq5I5N.png

Thanks to Virt, we now have new Cheese sprites, as well as other updates:

-Cheese has new sprites
-Cream can no longer fly underwater, much like Sonic Advance 2 & 3
-Cream's stats were tweaked a bit
-Badnik fixed up the script, so hopefully Cream's death does not crash the game

Well, there ya go. I have been sitting on this update for MONTHS out of pure laziness, so... take it, yah.

EDIT: Quick update, the script is actually fixed this time.

Last edited:
qcqidknfuj.gif

I realize this is a six month bump, but I thought I should point out that in the latest release there's apparently a glitch where Cheese vanishes and Cream's flying animation breaks. So basically the lua in the wad just gives up and stops working. This probably has something to do with the lua in the wad not being up to date with 2.1.14.

I realize this is a six month bump, but I thought I should point out that in the latest release there's apparently a glitch where Cheese vanishes and Cream's flying animation breaks.
Could you tell me with more precision when the lua broke, and what the error message in the console said when it did? I might be able to fix the issue with that information.

Could you tell me with more precision when the lua broke, and what the error message in the console said when it did? I might be able to fix the issue with that information.
Oh okay, so I got it to happen again right away. It apparently happens whenever you fall into a pit, or at least in Aerial Garden Zone.

The error message:
WARNING: ...es\Sonic Robo Blast 2\SRB2 v2.1\Cream.wad|LUA_GAME:88: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.

Ran into a few glitches.

I'm painfully aware that this is a ~4-year bump, but I hit a few annoying glitches when I was playing around with her, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere.

yKEW3kY.gif

Iteration 1 (Vertical)

XIAqSOE.gif

Iteration 2 (Horizontal)

Cream attempts to carry players, but something about the flying script appears to cause the other player to automatically drop out, making it unreliable, while also spamming the player pickup sound.

Replication: Go into Co-Op, with at least one Cream, and have her carry the other player. I easily tested this by using Split-screen.
odcapsa.gif

Cheese will get stuck on something he can't get to, due to terrain being in the way. In the case of monitors, even if Cream later destroys it herself, Cheese will still be stuck attempting to get to it.

Replication: At Greenflower Act 1's bridge with the Invincible monitor under it still intact, make sure to destroy all the badniks so Cheese doesn't go for them instead, then use the Cheese Attack while standing on top of the bridge.
nyUtNFO.gif

Cream can get crushed under the GFZ1 bridge, and other spin paths that don't take control away, if she jumps. While easily avoidable under normal conditions, this can get pretty annoying.

I believe it has to do with how the multi-ability is toggled in air to use the "Hold Jump to fly", since this doesn't happen to Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles.

Replication: Spin under the first Greenflower Act 1 bridge, and jump.

RBh7nq5.gif

Update: She also turns into Sonic for a moment in Match/CTF when turning Super, it appears those frames are absent.

Replication: Turn Super in Match/CTF as Cream.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back