ShufflarB2 2.1.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's a mod that is old, buggy, unfinished and no one cares about it anymore. Also, why should anyone port it for you? Serve yourself.

To be fair, there are a fair few features from old mods such as ShufflarB2 and XSRB2 which I wouldn't mind being ported in some way, be it through modification or another method:

> Slufflar's Mario mode in particular, being more Mario-oriented as opposed to just "Sonic in a Mario world" (ie: No coin loss on hit, mushroom for more health, no spindash, etc)
> Shufflar's Ring Collection mode was stupid fun. Basically a kind of Capture The Flag, except with rings. Plus, colourful ring rain.
> XSRB2's Sonic Golf was an interesting spin (heh) on the classic golf formula. A fun thing to mess around with, would be nice to see it expanded a bit.
> XSRB2's Shards is something I would actually like to see ported to Vanilla in some way (though perhaps involving the Chaos Emeralds?) - Plus, a gamemode like that makes rail rings nowhere near as useful - if you're sniping someone from afar.. how are you supposed to take their Shards? You'd score no points. It's useless.
> XSRB2's death on character change. I really wish this was a thing in the vanilla game, or at least a way to prevent people from switching mid-game in gamemodes like co-op.

Most of shufflarb2 can be recreated via Lua (Mario mode). If you want it back, you can always learn Lua and port it yourself.

I thought a good deal of Shufflar's and JTE's features got ported into 2.0 and beyond? (Dem water rippling effects, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.)

Yeah, you could totally recreate what's missing with Lua, like Speedwagon said. It'd be much easier than porting old C code to 2.1.

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if the Zelda mod could be brought back this way.

Like stated before by Speedwagon the missing features most likely can be ported with Lua, and like .Luke said some of the features got ported over into 2.0 and beyond.

It would be nice to see the camera return as an option for 2D mode.

It probably could, but Lua is a high level scripting language, not a compiled one, so tons of Lua code might drive up the CPU requirements a fair amount. (Which generally shouldn't be a problem on modern PCs.)

Although I never played XSRB2's Golf mode, so I don't know how many lines it'd take to script that. Can't be much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back