SRB2 Reimagined: The SRB2 Remix Project for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Album covers may be pointless, but since I like doing art related things, I'll try to make one.

If I remember correctly, my Ipod Nano would display covers for each song.
I'd probably think some people might prefer something else then a music note for each song.

Correct me if I'm wrong about covers for each song. -.-

If I remember correctly, my Ipod Nano would display covers for each song.
I'd probably think some people might prefer something else then a music note for each song.

Correct me if I'm wrong about covers for each song. -.-

If you even cared a bit about music, you wouldn't have an iPod to begin with.

Yes, I believe they can. My mom and sister both have a Nano, me being the only Zuner in the family. :X

How about I put an end to this silly argument about album covers of all things and bring your attention to the reason this topic was created in the first place?

http://spazzo.sepwich.com/TranquilFlowerZone-Spazzo.mp3

Remix of Greenflower Zone, Credits Theme, and a bit of Flame Rift Zone at the end. Nothing fancy -- just a strong piano track to carry the tune. Figured it might mix things up a bit from all of the techno/drum'n'bass remixes. I'm not sure if I like how it ends yet, I honestly improvised everything past the credits and went with it.

Comments welcome!

Nice job spazzo, I was thinking of doing a piano remix of Green Flower as well! Loved those 7th chords in there, nice playing ^^
Oh, and good job with the transitions, they worked well :P

The 7ths are my favourite part of my arrangement -- they add a really nice jazz element to GFZ. :)

Spazzo = WIN

I like this. Nice change. Might work well as the last song, a nice calm end...

EDIT: And Spazzo... Thanks :-P

Last edited:
After hearing about the completion of the Nights Special Stages, I felt in the mood for some Nights music on piano! Don't get too excited, it's just a teaser. A slow, peaceful piano mini-medley consisting of Paternal Horn with a small Greenflower tribute at the end. It's only a minute long, but I hope you guys still enjoy it.

Entitled SRB2 Piano Collection ~memories~ Teaser.
http://soundcloud.com/philipawalker/srb2-piano-collection-memories

Youtube video for the lazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cg8TUmPAc

Last edited:
After hearing about the completion of the Nights Special Stages, I felt in the mood for some Nights music on piano! Don't get too excited, it's just a teaser. A slow, peaceful piano mini-medley consisting of Paternal Horn with a small Greenflower tribute at the end. It's only a minute long, but I hope you guys still enjoy it.

Entitled SRB2 Piano Collection ~memories~ Teaser.
http://soundcloud.com/philipawalker/srb2-piano-collection-memories

Youtube video for the lazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cg8TUmPAc

That medley was very calm and relaxing. I loved the subtle ending. I really look forward to hearing the entire thing.

I do have a question though. I would also like to contribute to the music making, but must all songs be calm such as this or is there no rule against what kind of musical genre we want our songs to be? I do have some ideas for Egg Rock Zone that is why I'm asking.

That medley was very calm and relaxing. I loved the subtle ending. I really look forward to hearing the entire thing.

I do have a question though. I would also like to contribute to the music making, but must all songs be calm such as this or is there no rule against what kind of musical genre we want our songs to be? I do have some ideas for Egg Rock Zone that is why I'm asking.

Thanks for listening, and the musical genre can be anything :P

Well done! I don't know what it is, perhaps the soft, mellow timbre of your piano, or the reverb you used, but this recording is quite evocative. I wish I had that kind of tact some days (I can only pull off that kind of ballad when I'm in a very specific mood)...keep it up!

Thank you! I think a lot of it was the reverb ^^"
For me I think the most annoying mood to pull off is one full of brimming energy. Most of the time I can pull it off, but once in a while I'll try and (at least to me) it sounds kind of dull/empty. Once that happens it's kind of difficult to get it to sound the way I want to.

You know, I might actually be able to help this project in more ways than one...I just happen to have acquired an old but legitimate MID of the ACZ remix (TUNES 15) over the last year, which would probably be a boon for all you remixers out there. It's certainly been useful to me.

The only problem is that I commited the MID to v2.1's music.dta a few months ago as a little favour...so I'll have to run it by a few people before releasing it standalone. I'll get back to you guys!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25409000/MIDIs/SRB2%20-%20Deep%20Sea%20Zone%20Remix%20-%20Beta.mid

...eh, might as well throw in this old and unfinished MIDI I made at least a year ago now, since there's hardly any other remixes of note around here, as far as I can tell.

Oh, and yes, it's techno.
I like the rhythm with the drums in there. Makes it feel a lot more lively than the original.

Also, here's a super short preview of Techno Hill Piano Arrange. This one is not in the ballad style, but a piano solo jazz arrange. Would you guys rather have one continued in this style, or one that more closely mirrors the original? Either way, it will probably be Act 1 and 2's music combined.

Techno Hill Piano Arrange Preview

Last edited:
A reimagining of SRB2 by the music?

You should actually talk to HyperSonicJr, he's been remixing songs lately and doing a pretty good job at it too. I don't know how you can contact him really though.

If you want I can give you pretty nice guitar solos, but that'll need an arrangement of course.
So if you do want, try to come up with something with a section for a solo.
I can do either technical, or feel, or both, so lmk. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back