Friends can't find my server?

Looking for help as I've been trying to launch games with my friends so we can play SRB2K together.

I'll host a server for the game on Standard and tell them to search for it, for some reason it won't appear in the server list for them. I've tried hosting a server many times, and only once on a single occasion was one of my friends able to find the server, after he joined he had no problems such as disconnects and we could download custom characters successfully, but my other friend searched and was unable to find the server.

If it wasn't for that single instance I would have put it down to some kind of firewall issue, but considering we were fine that one time I'm wondering what it could be. On other occasions where another friend hosted, no one could find his game.

Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated as I've looked around and can't seem to find a solution, for the record, we could see about 4 pages of other servers totally fine.

You have to set a static IP address and port forward your router to host a server. I have no idea on how to do that but I know that you have to do that to be able to host a server / website. You can find some guides in the FAQ. Hope I helped.

Looking for help as I've been trying to launch games with my friends so we can play SRB2K together.

I'll host a server for the game on Standard and tell them to search for it, for some reason it won't appear in the server list for them. I've tried hosting a server many times, and only once on a single occasion was one of my friends able to find the server, after he joined he had no problems such as disconnects and we could download custom characters successfully, but my other friend searched and was unable to find the server.

If it wasn't for that single instance I would have put it down to some kind of firewall issue, but considering we were fine that one time I'm wondering what it could be. On other occasions where another friend hosted, no one could find his game.

Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated as I've looked around and can't seem to find a solution, for the record, we could see about 4 pages of other servers totally fine.
  • Is UPnP enabled on your router for your LAN? If not, have you forwarded port 5029 from your router to the IP address of your computer?
  • Does Windows Firewall allow SRB2K to accept incoming connections? I know you said you were successful one time but it's always good to check.

• Is UPnP enabled on your router for your LAN? If not, have you forwarded port 5029 from your router to the IP address of your computer?
  • Does Windows Firewall allow SRB2K to accept incoming connections? I know you said you were successful one time but it's always good to check.
I respect the attempt to help, but this post is three years old. SRB2K no longer requires you to portforward to host.

LMAO I'm an idiot. Was just trying to be helpful, didn't even bother looking at the timestamp. Sorry for reviving a long dead thread.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back