This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Thank you for all positive responses, even though project died after 1.5 years
of development(well just half of year, since there was previous iteration I scrapped).

Then where's Knothole Base Zone I asked?

Please read description of project, It is actual remake (not what companies leave you to believe) with concepts and ideas from original, not another recreation of SRB1. Even though we weren't going to rename all levels, but in knothole base case it made no sense to have it named after "base" from Archie comics or SATam, since there wasn't any Knothole base at all (Well it actually is can of worms even for original, since KB was actually inside of forest zone and you get... well another green hill zone clone ?).

I believe that the first zone is an improved version of Knothole Base. There is also a modified Great Forest with one active act. Just need to go deeper into the review. But the in that project was not made Lake this is a minus.

Original demo plan before cancellation was to include entire Mossy forest zone, Lake zone and Retro mode with new Intro and more, which as you can see I gave up half-way through.
Also MFZ1 wasn't finished really. I only made it inaccessible by normal means, just because of it's state. There are just lot of leftovers like that I could cleaned up before release, but out of interest I left it there.

I think the 2D mode being limited to one plane is the major issue with 2D mode. Fickle created a very good and sadly underutilized add-on for 2.1 called Axis-2D that combined 2D mode with the much more robust NiGHTS camera, and made a level akin to Klonoa with it called Clock Towers Zone.

Anyway. This add-on is incredible. The raw talent for Doom and SRB2 mapping on display here is amazing. I'm not a member of the discord so I don't know what lead to its cancellation, but given the turbulent times we're living in I can only hope it's nothing too bad. I would love to see you pick this back up, maybe with some help from the community to take some of the load off your shoulders. Absolutely stunning stuff here.

Surface-wise 2D axis may seems to be evolution of 2D mode, but it really isn't. It is more so mess to deal with, than actually deal with limited and consistent 2D mode. Regardless thank you and what lead to cancellation was many factors including few IRL issues I have to deal with.

Thank you for all positive responses, even though project died after 1.5 years
of development(well just half of year, since there was previous iteration I scrapped).
Regardless thank you and what lead to cancellation was many factors including few IRL issues I have to deal with.

Hey Dave! This is FANTASTIC. Congratulations because this rocks hard. I was always hoping to see somebody take the SRB2 assets and do a 2D sidescrolling level or even campaign and bro you killed it here, this is really really good.

Creative production, especially unpaid/passion projects, can be extremely difficult, particularly when there's trouble with other life shit. Been there, totally understandable, and hope you're doing well. If it means anything, this level pack is dope as hell and you should feel proud!

If things free up for you again in the future, I hope you'll consider returning to this project because you're onto something here. Cheers.

I'd be really happy if frozen fortress had a standalone release as a ctf map - it's amazing.

The special stages are screwed up
iX3sTTn

https://imgur.com/a/iX3sTTn

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Also I discovered this
nms7YNC

https://imgur.com/a/nms7YNC

Where Great Forest Zone, Lake Zone, Ice Palace Zone for New Version?
Jeez,you never learn a simple fact,dont you? Your so impatient that its annyoing seeing a post from you about something that wont possibly come soon.

The mod is dead,and the creator stopped working on this mod.It will stay like that for a long time until the creator decides to return to the project. Meanwhile,this mod wont have any updates. So,there wont be any new content.

Understood now?

Awww I'm kinda disappointed to see that it's cancelled. But yeah the project was maybe too ambitious for one single person here. Don't force yourself into finishing it because the game is pretty long (even for a 1998 TGF game).

As a consolation prize we'll probably see a 2.2 port of the 2.1 SRB1 remake someday.
Srb1 Is Waaay Longer Than Srb2 (In Story Mode Questions) Srb2 Has 8 Zones And Srb1 Have More Than 10, 11 Or 12 (Idk The Exact Number)

Srb1 Is Waaay Longer Than Srb2 (In Story Mode Questions) Srb2 Has 8 Zones And Srb1 Have More Than 10, 11 Or 12 (Idk The Exact Number)
Have you even read the post in its entierty? Icarus litreally stated that the game was pretty long, meaning that there is no reason for you to reply. 🤦‍♂️

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back