• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Classic Physics Rework V1.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontiercs

Optimize how you like it.
Do you like the classic physics? Do feel like you're walking down that giant slope in Greenflower Zone 2? Do you still just in race and want him nerfed? Well ClassicRework.wad is here and may be the solution for you!

ClassicRework.wad was now released as an answer to the question of what if Sonic Team Jr. decided to make SRB2 more like the classic sonic games with some classic physics rework as well, and while some of the changes and bugfixes made have even gotten into vanilla, the main mechanics of ClassicRework.wad such as momentum and slope acceleration still remain unimplemented, and thus why I've changed!

What if features are:

-Air/Light/Drop Dash
If Cobalt's momentum script is anything to go by, it shows that air dash is powered when coupled with classic-style momentum. Sonic now light dashing rings more heavily on those brand new abilities added in 2.2. I added drop dash in a update.

-Added momentum and slope acceleration
This allows most of the cast, except for some of the more unique characters that can't keep up, to utilize slopes and build momentum by running down them!

-Increased rolling acceleration on slopes
This does what it says on the tin, when rolling down a hill, it is now much more noticable that you're speeding up.

-Classic-style spindash
Charging up a spindash has been changed to more closely match the mash style of the Genesis games. Hold down spin and repeatedly press Jump to rev the spindash, It only holds 8 charges this time around and unlike the classics, they don't disappear if you don't mash fast enough.

-Spindash assist (also known as Spincharge Assist)
Spindash Assist, also known as Spincharge Assist, is a new feature that is like a midway point between vanilla SRB2's behavior and the new button mash version for those who still struggle with mashing due to keyboard layouts. It's turned on by default but veterans of Classic.wad may wish to turn this feature off, and you can do that by typing "SpindashAssist off" in the console whle in a level!

-Allow rolling when landing after using a midair ability
You can now curl up into a ball automatically if you hold spin, regardless of if you've used your ability or not!

-Remove water skipping/Re-enable Full control when jumping out of a roll
While the latter half of this was already partially implemented in vanilla, I still didn't feel it was enough of a change and this still needed to be added.

-Super Sonic can no longer fly
I don't even know how I managed to pull this off but I did! I had intended to do this prior to 2.2 but 2.2 just sort of did it for me instead. Thank you.

-Every character can turn super
Are you frustrated that even though you completed the game 100%, got all emblems, and got all emeralds as Tails, only to find that he still can't turn super, even with the in-game cheat? Well now everyone can turn super and none of the devs can stop you!

-Amy's hammer tweaks

-Classic animation
One of the first additions to this mod when it started. If you replace animation with classic ones, your animation changes to the classic cycle depending on how fast you're going just like in Sonic 2 and 3!

-Buffed Super & Speedshoes acceleration

-Classic-style Ring Attraction
This ports the ring attraction behavior from the 2D Classic Sonic games into SRB2!

Download now!:

Moderator Notice:
snip

Last edited by a moderator:
This description literally sounds like Classic.wad. Also, the link has been removed, but it didn't work before either :P

Hi there! You must be new here. I'm afraid Editing is the wrong place to post your mods. Please create a thread in Submissions to submit your addon. If it works properly and complies with our rules, it'll be moved to the Releases subforum. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back