Peace Pass Zone! (F_PeacePass.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snu

YEAAHHHHHHHHH
Hi, since 2.1 has been released just yesterday, I decided to make a level for it.

The level is called Peace Pass Zone, its a basic CTF level with a forest feel.

Screenshots:
jr4pw1.png

154ghs4.png

spkld1.png

I would really appreciate feedback so I can improve this as much as I can! ^_^

Enjoy!

Attachments

• F_PeacePass.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Ah, this level is neat! It certainly has pottential.
The level structure is decent and visuals aren't that bad either. You need to reconsider item placement though, as certain things spoil your level for a little.

Let's strart with the most important: there are to many powerful items in one place, e.g. :

1. In the bases, there are 2 rows of 5 ring boxes. This allows player to quickly gain 50, or even 100 rings, leaving none to other teammates. There usually shouldn't be more than 3 ring boxes in one place, and these places should be spread throughout the whole base.
2. Scatter ring panels are too close to each other. One player can quickly grab both, gaining enormous amounts of ammo (the amount of ammo around the panel is too big aswell, you should spread these across the map).
3. Same goes for infinity rings. 320 free shots is way too much. There should be only one infinity on the map.
4. There sould be plenty of super ring boxes outside the bases, to allow players gaining relatively big amounts of rings easily.

Also, your map lacks alternate path, which would allow the flag carrier to avoid enemy team. These are quite important, as the make your map way more interesting. You can be creative with these :).

Overally, it's a really nice level, that is unexpectedly playable and flows really well. The map may be a bit too generic, but for the beginner (I assume youre one), it's a job well done.

Last edited:
Ah, this level is neat! It certainly has pottential.
The level structure is decent and visuals aren't that bad either. You need to reconsider item placement though, as certain things spoil your level for a little.

Let's strart with the most important: there are to many powerful items in one place, e.g. :

1. In the bases, there are 2 rows of 5 ring boxes. This allows player to quickly gain 50, or even 100 rings, leaving none to other teammates. There usually shouldn't be more than 3 ring boxes in one place, and these places should be spread throughout the whole base.
2. Scatter ring panels are too close to each other. One player can quickly grab both, gaining enormous amounts of ammo (the amount of ammo around the panel is too big aswell, you should spread these across the map).
3. Same goes for infinity rings. 320 free shots is way too much. There should be only one infinity on the map.
4. There sould be plenty of super ring boxes outside the bases, to allow players gaining relatively big amounts of rings easily.

Also, your map lacks alternate path, which would allow the flag carrier to avoid enemy team. These are quite important, as the make your map way more interesting. You can be creative with these :).

Overally, it's a really nice level, that is unexpectedly playable and flows really well. The map may be a bit too generic, but for the beginner (I assume youre one), it's a job well done.

Thank you for your feedback, yes, I'm not to much of a good map designer, but I try =)

I have considered adding a alternate path, but I never really had any ideas of where to put it.

I also agree with item placement.
I never really was good with placing items .3.
I'll think about this and possibly make a Version 2 if I have to including these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back