• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Earthworm Jim Joins The Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snu

YEAAHHHHHHHHH
(Im sure this is the right place, move it please if its not)

Hello, I have recently started a new character wad. Its of course earthworm jim!

R4RSDin.png

I have already thought of the ability, which is the head propeller.

If you have any ideas/criticism, then be free to note down below.

Don't worry, this is the right place!

But anyway, first things first, your sprite needs shading. There doesn't appear to be any at all from the looks of it.

I can see subtle hints of shading. Takes a lot of squinting to see it. Perhaps make it more obvious or something. Take a look at the SRB2 official sprites. You can clearly see that they have shading, correct? Don't make it so it's too dark, but actually have some kind of obvious shading. Take a look at all of the good character wads, even. They all have a real obvious shading, you don't have to strain yourself to just notice it.

like most people, shading is not really a thing we are used to when starting off wad making. Although i am taking in your advice, it may take some time for me to get used to it.

There are a couple things that need improvements. First I want you to take a long look at the photo below.
187806-earthwormjim.jpg

Earthworm Jim is a character with that is very expressive with his eyes, mouth and so on. You have to make your sprite with a lot more expression. Secondly, the eyes have uneven pupils and are very large and oval shaped. Make sure you shape the head so it looks less rectangular near the neck.

Last edited:
Hm... I see your point. Ill try to improve this as MUCH as i can. Ill start with the neck and then ill try the eyes.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

sorry for a double post but, I cant make stop earthworm jim from looking like he has a black eye as seen here
jp0SLxB.png

Is there any way to avoid this mistake? Or will my paint program always hate me. -_-

Looks like you use paint.
If you use it, when you save, click on SAVE AS (and not on save), then save it on BMP 24 Bits (otherwise, the colors will look horrible)

Last edited:
BMPs are generally converted to JPGs on image-hosting sites last I remember, which makes the image look even worse. His images there are PNG which are okay at least.

It's nothing to do with the file type at all really. I think his eyes probably need to be bigger, and his pupils don't need to look diagonally downwards either.

Last edited:
Looks like you use paint.
If you use it, when you save, click on SAVE AS (and not on save), then save it on BMP 24 Bits (otherwise, the colors will look horrible)

It may not look it, but it IS in the bmp format -shot- even though it does not look it, it is. But still, can someone help me with this blackeye problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back