Match Chaos Emerald Spawn issue

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to port my old maps and currently I'm struggling with one issue, namely all of the 'Match Chaos Emerald Spawn (323)' things on the map are displayed as red signs with exclamation marks. I am able to place new spawns on the map without any issues, but I have quite a few maps to port with plenty of those problematic spawns and I'd like to ask if you know what seems to be the issue. I'm attaching one of my CTF maps as an example ('Water hall', map86, I'm aware that it's not 100 % functional yet).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• port_test.zip
    260 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Solution

From looking at the map with Zone Builder, it looks like the Match emerald spawn type was remapped from 323 to 321.
Just use Find & Replace to swap all things with type 323 to 321.

Also side note: Put the level header in a separate MAINCFG lump. SRB2 probably won't recognize a map marker with a name of MAINCFG. Give the marker the name MAP86 (from the header). And why is there a texture marker setup with nothing in it?

Thanks a lot for your help, that was it, changing the thing type solved the issue. Thanks for the MAINCFG tip, texture markers are there because the map was a part of a level pack and I removed all other stuff quickly, just to provide an example.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back