This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Jammin'

I fucking hate the average person on this site.
A very simple script that changes most of the vanilla characters abilities to match their Sonic R counterparts. and plus this goes pretty well with circuit race so thats fun. if you arent familiar with how Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Metal work in sonic r, Sonic double jumps, Tails just floats rather that flies, Amy boosts (she thoks with this mod because if i did the boost she couldnt be able to jump, bugging the game.), Metal Sonic along with Amy can run on water. note: only Sonic, Tails, Amy and Metal Sonic. are modified in this mod version.

todo:
add animations for Tails actually "flying" when he floats.

Attachments

• srb20246.gif
    srb20246.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,493
  • srb20248.gif
    srb20248.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,423
  • srb20253.gif
    srb20253.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,577
  • srb20251.gif
    srb20251.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,494
  • sonicrabilities download.zip
    384 bytes · Views: 1,229
Last edited:
Well... it works, I guess. Though you should definitely be more transparent in your post about what exactly it is you did. IE. only Sonic and Tails were modified while everyone else remained the same. You should also mention how Sonic was changed to have a double jump while Tails was changed to have Float.

Anyways, welcome to releases.

Last edited:
Fun fact, there's a simpler way for just changing up abilities and character flags! Just write a txt file in the style of a normal character S_SKIN, only with the things you wanna change. It would look something like this:

unknown.png

Put it in a PK3 or WAD file and name it "P_SKIN". If you did it right, this should happen:

srb28990.gif

Hoping for car Amy to be released in a future update

thinking of making her a separate character, but i may be able to just change the skin.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Fun fact, there's a simpler way for just changing up abilities and character flags! Just write a txt file in the style of a normal character S_SKIN, only with the things you wanna change. It would look something like this:

unknown.png

Put it in a PK3 or WAD file and name it "P_SKIN". If you did it right, this should happen:

srb28990.gif

i might move this project to that technique.

thinking of making her a separate character, but i may be able to just change the skin.

The game will allow you to do this if you use P_SKIN instead of S_SKIN when specifying character sprites.

Whether you should make her a separate skin or not is largely a matter of preference -- but if you've already replaced the existing Sonic and Tails' abilities directly, it may make more sense to follow suit with Amy.

finished version 2 adding Metal and Amy support. will post tomorrow. note: Amy will NOT be in a car at the start. i may add Amy with a car in a later update. cant promise if the sprites will be made with the actual model through blender, or hand-drawn. dont work your hopes up for either outcome.

update time! change the format to WAD like how izzy said and Metal n' Amy are added! and moderators, if you have to move this, im fine with that. as long as its not the rejected thing.

TAILS BE SELFISH HE NOT PICK ME UP! anyways good mod!

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

finished version 2 adding Metal and Amy support. will post tomorrow. note: Amy will NOT be in a car at the start. i may add Amy with a car in a later update. cant promise if the sprites will be made with the actual model through blender, or hand-drawn. dont work your hopes up for either outcome.
FAKING AMY GO NIIIIIIIW jk I cannot wait Amy will not Jump and pointy will not give a chance for life! (INSERT EVIL LAUGHS HERE)

patch time! a small addition that is no spinitem for sonic, tails, and knuckles. and metal cant spin anymore. because thats how he acts in Sonic R.

Just for the sake of transparency, this isn't something that normally would have passed submissions, as it's a just a very minor 12 or so lines of code which remap abilities to other pre-existing ones.

I almost thought it needed a second look and should be rejected retroactively, because it doesn't add anything new that you made to the game (it shuffles things around is all it does) -- but since it was passed already and I can see people like it based on the Sonic R reference and all -- and you're clearly having fun, which is the most important part perhaps, I see no harm in it staying.

I just wanted to put that out there for future reference for anyone reading this!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back