• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

lime forest 2.0 preview act2/3 halfway done

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
this is a level preview of my 2.0 level. here are some screens:
srb20003-4.png

this is the first part of the level, with robo-hoods and minuses.

srb20000-4.png

this is the sonic only chain section

thats all i got for now.

Looks good (It's those new textures, making everything look good!) but...erm, there's already a level called Lime Forest, in CTF that's official. That's been there for years.

Maybe you should call it, call it............ UMBRELLA!!!!!!! no no no its WAY too catchy hmm lemme think........ not rain forest.... not blue jungle.......... not toaster................ something that ends with jungle, crawla jungle!!! THATS IT CRAWLa JUNGLE!!!!! you dont HAVE to put crawlas in it but still that would be a cool name.

verifiaman said:
i know. hey can anyone tell me how to make upside down gravity without gravity boots?
Per sector gravity in an invisible intangible FOF. Set it to the equivalent of -1, then toggle a flag (I forget which), and instead of just falling up, you'll actually be flipped upside-down.

Why you want reverse gravity in a forest stage, though... no clue.

Shadow Hog said:
verifiaman said:
i know. hey can anyone tell me how to make upside down gravity without gravity boots?
Per sector gravity in an invisible intangible FOF. Set it to the equivalent of -1, then toggle a flag (I forget which), and instead of just falling up, you'll actually be flipped upside-down.

Why you want reverse gravity in a forest stage, though... no clue.
Ohhh, i thought it was the custom power flag!

It's ok, but yeah, needs some touch ups with textures like the barrels in Act 2 and the bridge in Act 1. It also feels kinda empty... But since it's unfinished, I can see why. Also, why do you use such BRIGHT textures in the level, then set it at night? When it gets darkened, the colors just don't fit well. They kinda seem... Like some mushy blend or something. I dunno, hard to describe.

Bottom line, it's okay so far.

dude, youre not supposed to get to act 2 yet! getting there's not even supposed to be possible with the current version on the forums!

It still appears in a "Completed!" game stage select, so I just went in... Sorry.

I only called out the barrels on that act anyway. I'm not gonna say much more on that segment since it's not even SOMEWHAT done. I focused my crit mostly on Act 1.

yeah im fixing those. oh heres some screens for act 2. im making a secret level for those who can find a way to get in the lodge during the final stretch.
srb20017-1.png
the lake area

by the way: has anyone figured out how to do this?

srb20018.png

srb20019.png

Act 1 is a bit too dark, even for night time, brighten it up a bit so the player can see where he's going. I had a hard time seeing, and the next thing I knew, I took some random turns and ended up at the end sign. Act 2 is looking pretty good so far, it's nice to see that you've got those rope things from ACZ working properly. I don't think that most of your rings are set to float though, and the number of bottomless pits you have is annoying. You should make those pits have a floor and an obvious way out. The level is also somewhat confusing; you should point the player in the right direction with rings or arrows or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back