Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say maybe reduce the contrast in the texture, and leave it for the smaller structures. Then either devise a new, bigger texture for the walls or double-size it (although the former would probably look best.) Trying a less blocky texture would probably work well for both small and large as well. Example: see Arid Canyon. Textures are very flat and large but work well on big surfaces because of that. Save the detailed textures for the detailed structures.

What about something like this?
srb20153.png

Perhaps you should use that weirdo honeycomb texture used in that one green hill match level whose name escapes me?

glaber, I think that new Palmtree Panic texture looks bad, The white lines look really weird when far away from the player. My suggestion's are either make that white line orange, or put the emerald hill textures back in but 2x the size of the old ones.

28rzbjl.jpg

245ls7c.jpg

vjcyh.jpg

2w5rqxh.jpg

Seraphic Skylands is still alive! I don't know how long it will take to finish (probably a while), but it's making some good progress!

How you have the patience to make all your sectors so round, I'll never know.
For Doom Builder 2:

1. Place three colinear vertices in a horizontal or vertical line, with the distance apart from each other being the radius you desire.
  2. Select these vertices, then hit Ctrl-C.
  3. Ctrl-V.
  4. Drag the pasted vertices so that the center vertex is in the same spot as the center vertex of the original set.
  5. Hover your mouse over to where the selection options are - it should have a place to specify the angle it's rotated at. Set it to the appropriate offset (I typically do either 15s, 30s, 45s or 22.5s).
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have a circle of vertices.
  7. Delete the center vertex.
  8. Connect the dots via Sector Mode.
  9. Circle

For Doom Builder 2:

1. Place three colinear vertices in a horizontal or vertical line, with the distance apart from each other being the radius you desire.
  2. Select these vertices, then hit Ctrl-C.
  3. Ctrl-V.
  4. Drag the pasted vertices so that the center vertex is in the same spot as the center vertex of the original set.
  5. Hover your mouse over to where the selection options are - it should have a place to specify the angle it's rotated at. Set it to the appropriate offset (I typically do either 15s, 30s, 45s or 22.5s).
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have a circle of vertices.
  7. Delete the center vertex.
  8. Connect the dots via Sector Mode.
  9. Circle
Does DB2 not let you create a sector as a regular polygon like SRB2DB lets you do with a ctrl-right click?

Does DB2 not let you create a sector as a regular polygon like SRB2DB lets you do with a ctrl-right click?
You can do that, but if you want a perfectly circular sector, it's more reliable to do it the way I delineated.

Although honestly, I frequently just make imperfect octagons and call it a day.

srb20062.png

After some discussion in 'fun and 'kart, I decided to hold this off until 2.1 so you won't have to deal with horrible quicksand physics.

I'm seriously hoping you guys with maps actually submit before the deadline ends. It'd be sad to see the contest die again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back