Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could use a "2x" version of the said texture. Maybe it helps a bit.

GHZ2X.png

Wah... After being gone for a few days, I thought the entries would be released by now! Apparently I read the deadline wrong. Well, all works out good better for me, as I'll be able to submit my entry to this contest instead of having to wait till next months. Well, I guess I'll get to work. Ugg, I hate thing placing!

This weekend was complete mapping hell for me. Especially with the major distractions I've had. But apparently, I was able to complete the zone in time for the contest... -haven't submitted it yet though ^_^'. Just testing for false errors, bugs, and whatever else might be a problem to the map. I'll edit this post saying I have submitted once I have finished. I had an urge about releasing pictures, but nah, you guys can wait until the contest. Which I think is tomorrow I believe...

EDIT: I have submitted. My deed is done. Im going to sleep.

Last edited:
The deadline is at 7 tonight... But when are the levels released? I missed the major level testing with those from the forums last time, so I want to be there right away this time.

Wait, the deadline is tonight? So is the voting opening up tonight too, or is there a 24-hour delay before the contest begins proper?

Wait, the deadline is tonight? So is the voting opening up tonight too, or is there a 24-hour delay before the contest begins proper?

Deadline's in about 4 hours, so yeah. And no, the contest voting usually begins when the contest host compiles the submitted maps and posts them on the voting topic.

Question: Would boss maps on their own be allowed as SP entries for the OLDC?

Just wondering.

EDIT: And if they are allowed, would they have to be custom bosses? (Considering that the regular bosses have been used to death already, especially that eggmobile)

Last edited:
And here the discussion thread starts again:

ea4kjq.png

Ignore the visual glitches.

This is Peaceful Past Zone, a circuit level I'm making. I sort of based it off some of the levels from Spyro 1, Stony Hill in mind particularly.
It's going to have in depth details, with lots of extra features beyond circuit things, so that it will make a good Hide and Seek/Tag map.

Or, for that matter, a good role play map. Yes, I just said Role Play. Don't hurt me, please. :D

Obviously Circuit is it's main priority though and I'll have a main path that will be hard to stray from for it specifically.

The picture above is of the main area, the town square/circle, and it's just a small section of the map.
And yes there is doors on the houses, it just doesn't want to show them. >:(

Question: Would boss maps on their own be allowed as SP entries for the OLDC?
Special stages (glaber?) were accepted in the past, so I don't see why boss levels would not.

EDIT: And if they are allowed, would they have to be custom bosses?
What's the problem? It's for single-player division. SP maps won't be merged like MP package for judging.

(Considering that the regular bosses have been used to death already, especially that eggmobile)
What you have against eggmobile? ò_ó

Ignore the visual glitches.
Charybdizs, your map has visual glitches.

*runs*

Charybdizs, your map has visual glitches.

*runs*

Ahaha, SO funny! :p

Actually, though, the visual glitches don't show up ingame, only in screenshots. Not sure why, but FOF's are usually glitchy or missing in screenshots.

Don't worry, Yoshi, I will definitely be submitting a CTF level.

Although... It is more of a joke than anything else... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back