Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit D00D, that looks pretty sweet, even though it is 8-bit. Now go make a 8-bit PLAYPAL for the level! :D

I'm gonna regret saying this but...

I'm entering this contest. Woohoo! Perhaps gonna be my last sp wad ever, so liek, yeah. Screenshots later and whatnot.

srb20442.png

oh my what are these characters doing here

And I'm still trying to find the right lives icon, BTW. I just can't seem to find the right one...

srb20004.png

srb20005.png

srb20006.png

srb20007.png
Bet you guys can't guess what this will turn out to be. =P But yeah, started yesterday, and if I can get it into this contest, great, otherwise it will go into Jan/Feb's contest.

Last edited:
Bet you guys can't guess what this will turn out to be. =P
Wait, this looks nothing like what I know it's supposed to be. I know you don't wanna use the DSZ texture set, but the texture you use underwater just doesn't fit the theme.

Wait, this looks nothing like what I know it's supposed to be. I know you don't wanna use the DSZ texture set, but the texture you use underwater just doesn't fit the theme.

It won't be the main underwater texture (the underwater section there is below the grassy area). I'm still thinking on what I would like to use as the main underwater texture. I like the way the Hidden Palace texture looks underwater, and it is not the DSZ texture set, so yeah. Anyway, the idea is, I kinda want part of act 1 to "build up" to the actual "Undersea Palace", so yeah, there will be a mixing of themes in this stage.

EDIT:
srb20014.png

There are going to be Sonic 3 Hydrocity-style polyobject fans like this throughout the stage, serving various functions.

Last edited:
Some more pics of Flooded Mine Zone act 1
xsrb0003.png

Anyone recognise this trick?
xsrb0000.png

Although copy, pasting & altering can cause this. An unfixable Hall of Mirrors.

Last edited:
Didn't Senku say that no one can use his SOCs not matter what? I swear he said that somewhere.

I asked him, and the reason why he says no to other characters using his walljump is because it would make Senku less special. But since this is a character built for one level in the OLDC and nothing else, it was OK.

How are you guys getting the big screenshots? I used the ingame save shot and it's a really small picture...

I have this really cool lake in the center of my level and I wanted to show it off.

How are you guys getting the big screenshots? I used the ingame save shot and it's a really small picture...

I have this really cool lake in the center of my level and I wanted to show it off.

Set your resolution to be higher in the game properties.

srb20028.png

srb20034.png

srb20035.png

srb20036.png

Yeah, I know, the grass trimming colour needs to be changed. Unfortunately, the grass trimming texture for JNGGRS02 is way too tall for this, and I can't be bothered changing the colour of the short grass texture I'm using there since I can't remember how to easily do it in GIMP. =P I'm still tweaking with the textures, if you have any suggestions please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back