Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
You may use this topic to discuss anything related to the contest, such as what you're planning to enter, what you hope to see, etc. Basically, this topic serves the same purpose as the old OLDC topics on the Editing forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Hopefully I can get SRB2 2fort finished by then. Or maybe I'll have a totally different project there, who knows.

This OLDC contains October.

October contains Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest sounds like Thoktoberfest.

Thoktoberfest can be condensed to Thokfest.

I PREDICT THAT WE WILL HAVE CIRCUIT MAPS THAT ARE THOKFESTS

I PREDICT THAT WE WILL HAVE CIRCUIT MAPS THAT ARE THOKFESTS

What circuit map ISN'T a Thokfest?

Anyway, this gives me the motivation to make that 2D Emerald Coast based map I wanted to make.

...No, it's not a port in 2D, shut up.

I got a preview for you.
Images deleted
I call it, Icicle Warehouse.

Last edited:
srb20025.png

srb20028.png

Blade's Death Egg Zone looks interesting, but it could use a better name :/

Let's sit back and watch Ezer'Arch win the SP division this year.

Woohoo, levels to download again!
This time however, I am able to review instead of just download and play.
I cant wait! :D

Small review already: Death Egg Zone in the beginning looks too much like ERZ1, how about using the same textures as your old DEZ?

Icicle Warehouse looks really nice, not much to say for now though only that the name sounds a bit like an old MP level, Starlit Warehouse from 1.09.4.

I was making a level called Digital Serenade Zone, after Arrow's website. But too many people called the use of almost exclusively recolored Void Zone textures ugly. Chisuun said his eyes were uncomfortable; Spazzo said it looked putrid; and JEV3 said it couldn't look any worse than it is now.

Therefore, I am completely retexturing it, expanding sections, rebuilding/creating rooms, etc., and renaming it Refurbished Gadgetry Zone.

Anyway, the main gimmick is that it is completely linear according to SRB2DB (or Workbench, if you prefer), yet it really isn't: like TTZ, one path is on the ceiling, the other is on the floor. You can switch between floor and ceiling at any Star Post.

I was making a level called Digital Serenade Zone, after Arrow's website. But too many people called the use of almost exclusively recolored Void Zone textures ugly. Chisuun said his eyes were uncomfortable; Spazzo said it looked putrid; and JEV3 said it couldn't look any worse than it is now.

Therefore, I am completely retexturing it, expanding sections, rebuilding/creating rooms, etc., and renaming it Refurbished Gadgetry Zone.

Anyway, the main gimmick is that it is completely linear according to SRB2DB (or Workbench, if you prefer), yet it really isn't: like TTZ, one path is on the ceiling, the other is on the floor. You can switch between floor and ceiling at any Star Post.
Sound nice. But let's see who spells that name correctly. :P

HEY GUYS WATCH AS I JUMP ON THE PREVIEW BANDWAGON

srb20143.png

CURSE YOU 'U'
CURSE YOU FOR JUST BEING A LAZY EDIT OF 'L'

srb20146.png

Because I never understood how people got around when their homes are in such high places, I put ladders :3
enemies were here too, but I Pandora'd them.

OMG TIMED MISSION WORF WORF THIS FAILS F/10

Look, tell me with honesty; Have you EVER died from the 10 minute time limit in the classic games, OUTSIDE of the Death Egg?

...Yeah. As I expected.
The 5 minute countdown isn't telling you to TIME ATTACK, it's telling you to NOT SUCK. If the stage gets lengthy, I'll up it to 7 or even 10 minutes. Meeting the 5 minute requirement will be easy, as log as you don't dilly dally.

...Geez, who uses the term Dilly Dally anymore?

Oh, and a suggestion for the rules: Put your name in the "MapCredits =" on the Level Header to make it easier to judge levels.

Last edited:
I've only gotten time outs from Sandopolis (both acts, though I only timed out on 1 because I didn't know how to beat the boss. Once I found out, I never did again) and CNZ2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back