Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. Apparently there are a few multiplayer maps, but that is all. Fair enough though, all the single player ones were redrawn for legitimate reasons. Maybe next contest, everyone will have ironed out or fixed or finished their maps enough to make a good singleplayer division.

Get some multiplayer rushjob maps done stat, guys! I need to have as little competition as possible for the single-player division to stand a chance against Rob!

One day and a half left and nothing new has appeared at all. So much for this OLDC too then.

Oh, and furthermore Rob has just retracted his own entry for that very reason. Good job guys.

So, since this contest obviously won't happen, I would like to know: Is the OLDC canceled altogether or will we try again in two months?

I'd say save it for 2.1 when people are actually going to be interested in the game again, but that's just my opinion.

It would be better if the OLDC starts back up after 2.1 as opposed to cancelling them altogether in my opinion.

I'd rather say:
1)Either the November-December OLDC is last one then we save up for 2.1
2)Either we directly save up for 2.1
3)Either we continue the OLDC and if the November-December one doesn't get any maps (or not enough,or they suck too much), we save up for 2.1
4)Either erm... nothing

One of those, yes.

I would actually be for 3

Last edited:
So when will the next contest be? I'm brewing up a pretty special level, and I'd really like a contest deadline to shoot for :)

At this point it's really clear there's not enough interest in an OLDC anymore for there to be one, which is why we haven't had one since May/June now. Just consider it cancelled until 2.1.

Actually, we had a discussion about this in our staff room.

You have until January 31st. If there aren't enough maps to hold a contest by then, there won't be any more contests.

If mine's the only one that makes it in, can there still be a contest? I've never been the contest winner, after all :3

Aaaaand, no one really ever bothers to play/review maps as thoroughly as they do in the OLDC.

Actually, we had a discussion about this in our staff room.

You have until January 31st. If there aren't enough maps to hold a contest by then, there won't be any more contests.

When you mean by, "there won't be anymore contests", do you mean like no more contests entirely? Sure there aren't enough maps for OLDC the past year or so but I think it's because of the lack of intrest for SRB2. If the new version comes out, SRB2 will be swarmed by old and new members of the community. If entirely is the case, then why? I think you guys should hold OLDC on standby until 2.1 comes out. Submissions would be really intresting if you can make extra enemys, gimmicks, and gameplay whenever LUA scripting debuts to SRB2.

It will be sad to see OLDC disappear forever...

Okay, I will almost definitely not be able to finish my map by the end of this month, so yeah. Don't count on my super delicious level being there! Hell, don't even count on the contest happening at all :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back