A NiGHTS Stage, you say?! It's hype time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digiku

Here's a little something to look forward to.

bsz-p1.gif

Welcome to Botanic Serenity Zone, the NiGHTS stage that's the successor to both Vacant Rocketship and Tranquility Valley. It could be the FIRST complete fan NiGHTS map released unto the public, and I plan to enforce upon it.

BSZ plays much like Spring Hill, with the "same" feel, goal, and gameplay as that. Hoops, rings, wings, and the Ideya. You know the drill.

It's only now that Botanic Serenity has reached a presentable stage, so I've got some screenshots :E!

bsz-p2.gif

You start out in this pretty plain factory, which really needs some decoration (along with everything else)

bsz-p8.gif

bsz-p3.gif

And thus are the only rings and wings that are available on the entire map thus far.
...until I'm bothered to ask AJ about hoops. It's been in my backlog for almost a month now XD.

bsz-p4.gif

bsz-p5.gif

And the one thing that separates it from other NiGHTS maps, it's the Ideya Prison! It doesn't work.

bsz-p10.gif

SRB2012.gif

bsz-p9.gif

bsz-p6.gif

Yeah.

Most, if not all of these screenshots won't reflect the final thing; trust me. Some of you should've learned from the contests that I'm a decorating freak. Hah.

It's probably not going to be long now; a Botanic Serenity release can probably be expected around late September to early November. I'm that slow.
(God, I'm probably not going to be one of Mystic's guinea pigs anymore >_<)

I know THAT, I just don't know what Viewsize d oes. Oh well, i'll figure it out eventually...

Viewsize.
View size.
Vi ews ize.

Viewsize, natively, controls how much of the screen the game uses. See, if you input VIEWSIZE 10, the active game will only take up, like, 75% of the screen. What isn't used by the game is covered by a GFZROCK border.
In addition, it also gets rid of the SCORE TIME RINGS counters due to space constraints by default no matter what setting specified.

I think the default is VIEWSIZE 11, which restores the counters. Anything bigger just removes them but keeps the screen size. Anything smaller and, you know...

Yay, I can't wait for it to be finished, but I still havn't been able to get the secret Nights levels from collecting the emblems.

Digiku said:
Here's a little something to look forward to.
Welcome to Botanic Serenity Zone, the NiGHTS stage that's the successor to both Vacant Rocketship and Tranquility Valley. It could be the FIRST complete fan NiGHTS map released unto the public, and I plan to enforce upon it.
Oh, if only I had the attension span to have released MY nights map, which was the first unofficial nights map. -_- I didn't know how to objectplace or raw data edit at the time and thus had hoops on the floors and not much else... Heh, there wasn't even such a thing as that goal thing that you gotta destroy at that time. (Sorry, I'm not much of a nights fan and dunno all the names of stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back