[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Cant you just ignore it (Not being rude btw)

uh, wow. That was surprisingly rude, you really need to reconsider what you were saying. I'm not gonna go full essay on you but, bugs of all sizes are something that should be addressed. Not slammed on because you can just "ignore it."

Personally it all feels off.
The thok goes down but then up? That throws me off most.
The trick system is just not very nice tbh.
And I don't think this would blend well with some mods.
I mean whoops I shared an opinion.

okay, lets talk
1) the thok goes up because you've gained a significant amount of momentum, it should not throw you off when you're going at fast speeds at all.
2) the trick system is fine i dont know what you're talking about please elaborate
3) what mods wouldnt it blend well with

>The trick system is just not very nice tbh.

You know, It'd be amazing if you would actually point out the things that are wrong instead of "not very nice."
The point of mods is that nothing has to blend well with anything. People can go nuts.
You've been doing these kinds of posts in frostii's stuff for a while, and it's becoming REALLY concerning. What's going on?

GYAFUN~!! Why is it “not nice”, though?

Also, the Momentum Thok only makes you gain height if you hold down Jump, so if you didn't know that, there you go.

1. Hold jump to go a bit up, lmao.
2. "Is not very nice", explain why it isn't.
3. Name me 10 mods that wouldn't blend with this mod.

This opinion is more of EvErYtHiNg Is BaD, UwuUUUU.
And aren't crits supposed to be positives?

This opinion is more of EvErYtHiNg Is BaD, UwuUUUU.
And aren't crits supposed to be positives?

Crits can both be positives and negatives. Chris the Wildcat said that the mod feels weird, the trick system is awkward and not nice ]:<, and said that the mod doesn’t blend in with other mods. That’s a negative. For a positive example:

This mod is so fun! I like the trick system, and it blends in with other mods!

That’s a positive! Chris the Wildcat is just giving out his opinion. Although I faceplanted when he said “trick system = ]:<“

Last edited:
Excellent mod!

I tried this mod and looks awesome!!! I enjoyed the way that you can play as the characters and is amazing! Good job for all!​

The trick system works fine! I don't know why there's people that don't like it. This system is useful for some kind of boost, especially for speedrunners.​

I have a question: how works the easter eggs of the fail tricks? That question doesn't leave me sleep in the nights.
And by the way, i found a little visual bug that happens when you do a powerful thok and use the ability of the electrical shield of S3&K... Seems like the after-images is within the double jump of that shield... And the issue dissapears after a normal thok
attachment.php

I don't know if i explained right... Sorry for my english

And yes, i have the latest update (2.2.8) and i run it on windows​

Attachments

• srb20066.gif
    srb20066.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,201
This mod is incredibly fun and fixes a lot of the problems I have with srb2 by adding more depth and providing a wider set of options to the player. Despite my initial criticisms of the momentum thok from SADC, this ability really has nice synergy when paired with the rest of this mod's physics. Unfortunately, srb2's level design is a bit too cramped to make use of the extreme speed capable with XMomentum's trick system. Because of that, perhaps the speed gained with tricks and the momentum thok is too much.

The "thok goes down but up" bit is actually a really valid criticism - let me explain. In order to jumpthok, you need to hold down the jump button for a bit during the thok. Since the thok's horizontal boost responds instantly, there is a noticeable period after the thok begins but before the vertical boost is applied. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. It just looks kinda delayed / janky.

One last thing I should mention is that the trick system looks a bit odd because it uses rollangle combined with directionchar - for example, if I'm doing tricks while moving to the left, my character might be facing to the right since they're upside-down. What I'd suggest is making the player's drawangle spin rapidly once trick mode is enabled.

Great job overall, and I hope some of the design philosophies here (giving the player actions to do after using a spring or running off a slope, adding proper slope momentum, making character movesets deeper) will influence the way 2.3 plays.

Last edited:
I tried this mod and looks awesome!!! I enjoyed the way that you can play as the characters and is amazing! Good job for all!​
The trick system works fine! I don't know why there's people that don't like it. This system is useful for some kind of boost, especially for speedrunners.​
I have a question: how works the easter eggs of the fail tricks? That question doesn't leave me sleep in the nights.
And by the way, i found a little visual bug that happens when you do a powerful thok and use the ability of the electrical shield of S3&K... Seems like the after-images is within the double jump of that shield... And the issue dissapears after a normal thok
attachment.php

I don't know if i explained right... Sorry for my english

And yes, i have the latest update (2.2.8) and i run it on windows​
The trick easter eggs are pure rng, there's no way to intentionally activate them aside from just failing a ton of tricks. Also, thanks so much for figuring out how to easily recreate that shield bug, i've known about it for awhile but just didn't know how exactly to get it to consistently activate lol.

Also, regarding chris's comment... yeah that's really not particularly constructive lol, though he is entitled to his opinion of xmom. I have a bit of a theory regarding why he dislikes xmom so much, since we have a bit of a history, but it's not worth getting into that here.

Last edited:
The trick easter eggs are pure rng, there's no way to intentionally activate them aside from just failing a ton of tricks.
Also, thanks so much for figuring out how to easily recreate that shield bug, i've known about it for awhile but just didn't know how exactly to get it to consistently activate lol.
Thank you for explain me and for working at this job!

Also, regarding chris's comment... yeah that's really not particularly constructive lol, though he is entitled to his opinion of xmom. I have a bit of a theory regarding why he dislikes xmom so much, since we have a bit of a history, but it's not worth getting into that here.

Seems like you guys know each other huh? How curious...

How would I be able to give a custom character the momentum thok? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back