Your "epic fail" moments in SRB2

Worst fail?
Let's just say I got hit by an SDURF.. & then made a fall into "the bottomless pit"...
Once that happened, I was just;"...WHAT?"

When i entered the wegee realm alone. (sooo horrible)
ahh I remember the weegee realm! that level thingy was fun. just go super in there. wait.........I know! use emerald start.WAD and then force map to the main area place where you can go to sf94-city. and out cheats on for 9999 rings. its actually funny because you're stuck in there until you die. but you can't because you'll kill all the badniks......

It wasn't my epic fail, but I chased someone across Cloud Palace Zone while they were running backwards and they fell into a pit because they didn't know that there were a pit behind them.

Attempted to finish ERZ1 with sonic and ended up wasting exactly 99 lives...

If that's not an epic fail then I don't know what is...

You should have seen the dev team's first attempts at ERZ1 while it was still in development.

If I recall correctly, I remember seeing one of them (forgot which one, thankfully for them) lose over 100 lives on their first try... That's two setlives 99 commands.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;692785 said:
You should have seen the dev team's first attempts at ERZ1 while it was still in development.

If I recall correctly, I remember seeing one of them (forgot which one, thankfully for them) lose over 100 lives on their first try... That's two setlives 99 commands.

To be fair, some of us had to do our first run-through in a netgame with AJ so he could observe the way we tackled the level. The lag was probably responsible for a good 80% of the lives lost, at least in my case. The embarrassing part was that the poor guy force-skinned me to Tails to get past some segments and it STILL took me forever.
Pretty sure the devs that didn't have to play it in a netgame did far better. That said, ERZ1 is a dramatic difficulty spike coming out of the archaic lava design in RVZ1. I wouldn't consider it embarrassing to do absolutely terrible on your first run through.

To be fair, some of us had to do our first run-through in a netgame with AJ so he could observe the way we tackled the level. The lag was probably responsible for a good 80% of the lives lost, at least in my case. The embarrassing part was that the poor guy force-skinned me to Tails to get past some segments and it STILL took me forever.
Pretty sure the devs that didn't have to play it in a netgame did far better. That said, ERZ1 is a dramatic difficulty spike coming out of the archaic lava design in RVZ1. I wouldn't consider it embarrassing to do absolutely terrible on your first run through.

Yeah, lag is a big factor in ERZ1 gameplay. I usually always game over without a setlives command in a netgame. Though, I can beat it in SP no problem.

Hopefully that difficulty spike will be reasonably curved once we get Dark City and(possibly) Grand Eggship.

犬夜叉;692785 said:

Two setlives 99 commands? Wow, that player has got some real patience! I wouldn't bother trying that level again for a while even after one "setlives 99" command. But I guess the only way to finish any hard level is by "Trial and error", but yet again, 2 sets of 99 lives is a bit much...

Wasn't that the Netgame that Me, Metal Sonic 2.0, And we Played All night and Ended the Netgame in Blue Mountain?

Last edited:
Got to the final boss. That was the second attempt. The first attempt was screwed over because I lost too many lives on Egg Rock Zone Act 2.

At the boss, everything seemed to be good, but then I got stuck in his slime shot, he crushed me, and then the game crashed.

This is the biggest epic fail I've ever got in any game, ever.

But then, it got worse. After 5 minutes of venting my rage out about how glitchy the game was for me, I went on Youtube to listen to some SRB2 Music to calm myself down. I went to go listen to Egg Rock Zone Act 2. Then, I go back a page to go listen to something else, and the COMPUTER CRASHED.

So I've concluded that this level hates me, and I will never try this stage ever again. Not until the game is 100% bugfree, or at the very least, until this crash problem is fixed.

I've played through these stages twice, and I was satisfied enough for passing through them, especially in the second attempt, in which I only have lost one life. I did not beaten the final boss without Godmode, mainly because I was afraid the game would crash again, and considering how mad I was, I figured that this boss didn't deserved to be beaten by me legitly.

Until my rage meter goes down, I'll try this motherbuzzer again.

TL;DR Version : Final Boss crashed the game, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. Went on Youtube, listen to Egg Rock Zone Act 2, computer crashes, MORE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Last edited:
I fail constantly when thoking. I bounce all over the place... I'm really hard to hit..

But I don't watch where I'm going. I fly right into corners or off ledges and get nailed pretty badly.

Anotha.
Alien Armageddon act 2, with Sonic.
Running and escaping from the cannons, avoiding the flamejets, with no rings. FaceStabbers and RoboHoods. Suddenly, when I was close to the end, I stopped and-
segment handle violation -> OK
Then you may imagine what happened.
517b6x.jpg

Yes, it was this.

This actually happens a lot, not sure why.
Sometimes, when there's a time limit, I'll get all 7 chaos emeralds, and 50 rings, I'll go Super, like, right before th egame ends. It's awful and dreadful.

The first time I played ERZ2, I had two lives as Sonic. The first time, I went to the fan room, and, of course, fell off and died. The second time, I spawned, went the other way... and it sigsegv'd

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back