• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Official SUGOI trilogy port project

As Zippy pointed out, Abandoned Airbase has already been updated and I would like the newest version included :D

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=47424

The only thing I can think of, though, is that there's a secret door that only opens when you have 4 emblems. Maybe you could bump that number up to what you think is appropriate in the SUGOI context.

Also, I may or may not update the level before Nov 15. Is it good enough for me to say "download whatever is the most recent version on Nov 15th"?

Hi. The PK3 here contains both the Lilac Conservatory remake I submitted to the MB some months ago along with a full remake of Lilac Acreage Zone with both old and new things in it. Many textures are shared between each-other, which is why they're combined into one PK3. Also, I hope the new digital music that was used for LCZ's remake isn't too big of a deal, it was chosen far before the idea of a proper Sugoi port were in the public conscious...

EDIT: I FORGOT A DEATH PIT.

update two: multiple visual changes and also that digital music isn't a thing anymore. also musicdef.

Attachments

• vs_TheLilacs_vThis.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 334
Last edited:
As Zippy pointed out, Abandoned Airbase has already been updated and I would like the newest version included :D

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=47424

The only thing I can think of, though, is that there's a secret door that only opens when you have 4 emblems. Maybe you could bump that number up to what you think is appropriate in the SUGOI context.

Also, I may or may not update the level before Nov 15. Is it good enough for me to say "download whatever is the most recent version on Nov 15th"?

My latest azure will be included so i dont see why not your new Airbase cant. Thought the additional emerald hunt level will have to be excluded cos its a new map. I plan to post mine once i got all my files sorted

Wonderful! Moreso, for that I never got around to play the entire trilogy of this madness of treasure. Though I could just grab a copy of an old SRB2 version, I'm just too accommodated with the vibrant visuals and sprites of 2.2, and there's no Simple scheme control mode (so feel free to call me a sissy, haha lol).

I wish steady process and tranquil working experience to you!

Knothole Valley v7

knot hole valley

- Added more slopes
- Added more grass
- Made the checkerboard tiles better
- Remade the turret room because the old one sucked garbage
- Music replaced again
- Other stuff ugh

Attachments

• scr_knotholevalleyv7.7z
    282.2 KB · Views: 446
EDIT (2021): This post was really embarrassing lol. Just scroll on by. Keeping it here for preservation sakes I guess but this was a really shitty review

I'm not sure if this is the right place to give you criticism but seeing as you posted the wad here, I might as well go ahead.

I'm surprised, Roy, you managed to knock out an entire Lilac Acreage remake in a couple of days. I think it shows, unfortunately. It feels really rough. Knowing your level of quality this really disappointed me. And that contrast is expanded tenfold when playing the new Conservatory (which you conveniently set to play right after- the contrast in quality is jarring. Your new Lilac Conservatory is a genuinely amazing stage :v.)

But I know shitting on something without giving reasoning is shamed upon (and for good reason.). So I'll elaborate.
Even if you tagged it right... I feel like it should as least lead somewhere.

For this entire gif duration- which happens to be most of the stage- I held my controller with only my left hand, and used only the left joystick. This reveals some problems like: the lack of real platforming most of the time, and the fact that you slide under the spikeballs without getting hit. I will give it to you that you made the path twist and turn interestingly, however.

Did you even test this??? I know that's a really rude thing to say, but I see no other reason why this wouldn't line up. I'm not pressing anything after hitting the boost pad.

i4bcvrj.png

Did you paste this in and forget to change the texture from F_SKY1? Even if you wanted it to be sky I think you should change the sector heights. I know this whole thing feels really nitpicky, but the stage genuinely feels extremely unrefined. It feels like a beta.

2lWNIGP.png

A lot of this stage is like this area. Flat. 90 degree angles. One path forward and nothing to do to the sides. No reason to explore, nothing really memorable. There are too many large, flat planes. Maybe I jump up a bit. But I wanna be excited! I want to careen across a stage up and down and all around. You should play with verticality more.

I think the 2.2 quality jump permanently tainted my view on stages. I remember enjoying this stage thoroughly back when Kimokawaiii released. Going back to it, however, made me realize that your new version is really an improvement. It still feels rough to me, I feel like this is lacking the polish it needs to be excellent. It never excites me. It's too short and too flat. There are a couple visually interesting areas, like this area in particular:
qP1h7mr.png

3lUO7Te.png

And yet the problems previously stated still apply here. There's a lot of long stretches of ground. There's a very large sloped side area with only a single ring box on it. The surrounding walls and thok barrier don't feel like nature to me. I don't know how I would describe it, but it feels wrong. This stage isn't bad. I've played far worse. It just feels... painfully mediocre to me.

Last edited:
Time for my entry to be set up. Not much to the zone aside from a few room changes to make the experience a bit more fun to enjoy. Combining some elements used in the SUBARASHII addon and the standalone addon. Music has been changed as well for a new module which I hope is acceptable. As well as some changes that the zone has to offer.

Edit 1: Fixed one of the checkpoints, and added fog FOFs in the skybox.

Edit 2: Made it impossible for Knuckles to backtrack through Amy/Fang routes.

Attachments

• VS_SteamingTowers-v1.pk3
    531.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Sugoi Entries

After some fumbling about. here are my sugoi maps. SEE attached for all 3 of my entries.

Most of my efforts went into contaminated water zone to make it fresh and much more fun to play. Leaps of faith was going to receive the same treatment but the limited time made me nervous so i just fixed it up so its compatible, Maybe another time eh?

Azure Paradise Zone - MAP39
-Based on 2.2 Remake
-Reduced ring amount for ring emblem from 660 to 256
-Minor fixes to layout

Contaminated Water Zone - MAP43
-Mostly Remade
-Has new set of emblems

Leaps of Faith Zone - MAP44
-Based on the standalone revision
-Some areas are wider
-Character support for Fang and Amy

all music were replaced with module versions/ alternatives

Attachments

• mk-sugoi maps.zip
    3 MB · Views: 394
I cannot wait to play those wonderful levels again with a fresh 2.2 coat of paint! except for Kodachrome Void. KVZ will never be welcome in my life ever again. my eyes still hurt.

Last edited:
SUGOI Ports.

This was a hassle to go through, but here ya go. I didn't go all out for reasons including the deadline, but this is the most I can do.
Hope this makes the levels I made for SUGOI and SUBARASHII more fun to play through!

GENERAL
Subtitles for each level has been changed to match my current username.
Unique Flickies for each level.
New level select pictures.

SUNSET RUINS
-Lava and deathpits now have a glow and fade.
-Some lava pits have been raised a LOT to make it way less punishing.
-Thok barriers are now around more, making the level look a tad nicer.
-Some level design changes
-Raised that one low ceiling enough for both Amy and Fang to get through a path.
-Fireballs jump height has been readjusted so that they don't overshoot so much.
-Act 2 no longer uses that HUGE ogg and you straight up start in the actual arena itself.
-You start with rings, ala 2.2 boss acts.
-Act 2 now ends with a capsule rather than just the boss.
-New skybox

GREEN FLOWERS
-Act 1's tunnel is no more. A simple section wih some platforms is now there inbetween.
-Act 1's token has been moved.
-Thok barriers at the end of Act 1 to make the level look nicer.
-Act 3's cheap deathpit by the waterfall is no more. Now you can collect the token there!
-Changed the end of Act 3 to link to the new Act 4 arena.
-Act 4's boss arena has been completely redone to not be linear.
-Act 4 starts you with rings, ala 2.2 boss acts.
-Fixed the capsule for Act 4
-Various level design changes.
-New skyboxes and colormaps for Act 2 and 3/4.

ROBOTNIK'S FORTRESS
-Minor skybox change.
-Added more badniks! Including the 2.2 ones!

Attachments

• S_StardustsSUGOIPorts.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 316
Huh?

Either you want the maps removed, or you're saying to copy them from their 2.2 ports.

Cosmic Valley Zone - revamped 2.2a

Cosmic Valley Zone from Kimokawaiii, Revamped with brand new areas from cancelled remake, as well there are few brand new sections and every existing section got polished as much as possible in 2 weeks of work.

New assets has been used from cancelled remake, so it would be better to replace all assets with these (some of old textures are used, but none of old objects are even in source file), Music is only thing that stayed same.

There no longer going to be any large patch after 2.2a, as of now Cosmic Valley should be finished and it is not planned for any standalone release after this.

Preview GIF footage produced by Kwiin

Attachments

• V_CosmicValley-v2.2a.pk3
    1.9 MB · Views: 321
Last edited:
There's roughly a week remaining on the deadline!

While I'm being harsher about the deadline this time, I am willing to offer extensions for anyone who's struggling if you're willing to stay in contact -- let me know on Discord or in a Message Board PM if you need an extension.

Good luck, everyone!

Well, here's Shade Mountain Zone, rebuilt from scratch.
SMZ.gif
Porting notes:
-The glider controls have changed: you can now strafe, and Holding Jump To Accelerate is no longer a thing.
-The map still has two hidden emblems and one ring emblem.
-The level clear/failure code that was added in SUBARASHII is preserved.

Edit: now my KIMOKAWAIII entries are ported as well. Changes include:
-Minor tweaks to DVZ's level design
-New emblem hints in DVZ
-Added an easter egg in Pointy Egg's map (it was planned from the start, I just never added it!)

Attachments

• SL_ShadeMountain_v1.1.zip
    682.2 KB · Views: 234
  • SL_BadzKIMOKAWAIII_v1.1.pk3
    715.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
While I have been putting time into an updated Lush Meadow, I doubt I'd be able to get it done in time for inclusion, even with a time extension (Feeling burnt out, ya know.) Regardless, I can't wait to see everyone's work again in a new light.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back