Spectro

this is my first map ever,so don't expect it to be very good.

"This Map was born from the pieces of a unfinished prototype of Red volcano zone ACT 2 from srb2 2.0"
But it's not the same (there wasn't too many things to work with about the original though)

Here we have Camouflaged enemies,And a enviroment based off srb2 christmas(specifically the third level of that demo)

i accept any type of criticism and suggestions
withouth anything else to say,enjoy!
I dont care what you say about mazes i think they are a-maze-ing

Attachments

• S_BlueMountain_v1.zip
    294.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 526
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 434
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Yes, Welcome!

This is a fairly old idea, I saw how many wanted to implement it but never did it. Even I wanted to do it sometime, but I changed my mind.

Well, let's get started!

Unclear, why this file is needed? You can just write about it in the post.

u5FSSeU.png

You have a lot of errors in the console!

4VEi2ju.png

Standard issue: Spawn point is too close to the wall.

Er8vhpN.png

The presence of a sign and cells looks strange, because we are in nature... yes?

nu9bvg0.png

And here is one of the errors (enlarge screenshot to see this).

CpctjAr.png

Make lava with the water sector, because these lights (or whatever they are called) do not bounce properly.

NBxwHbN.gif

What th- Is this how it should be?

7BFd2GL.gif

Don't do that! This is a tight corridor with a bunch of badniks, no one will like it!

L8cOOHU.png

This is... strange? I don't know. The idea is interesting, but it seems to me that the implementation is not very good.

DsdFg7N.png

It looks boring.

zsamHYs.png

I noticed that you have problems with checkpoints... because I have already activated it (but I haven't been here!)

r6mEkHf.png

Knuckles/Tails can skip the maze.

wwb3O9L.png

Missing textures.

oP4g1P5.png

cKzjLMa.png

What can I say in general? Well, it's not bad for the first try. I want to give you some tips:

- Your level is tight (narrow) at some points. You can't run fast on it!
- It looks empty in places. Try to diversify your level in different ways and decorations.
- There are too many badniks in some moments.

Learn from vanilla levels. You can open any level of vanilla and see how "it" is done there. For example, you can open the RVZ and see how the lava is made there. I'm not saying that you need to copy it, you can do it your way. Also, I recommend that you read about level design here.

I hope I see your work in the future. Good luck!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back