Sash Lilac [v1.1c] (Freedom Planet)

Sash Lilac [v1.1c] (Freedom Planet) v1.1c

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!
Especially LonelyFoxz, I'd done far less comparing with the original Freedom Planet than I should've and never realized how slow her attacks came out in comparison.
Going to try and address them all in the next update, which hopefully shouldn't take too long. Which to name a few changes already, changes the sprites from 0 rotations to LR rotations, speeds up the melee attacks and increases the damage taken.

shook.jpg

I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to translate Lilac's abilities into 3D, but with the pseudo-FPS control setup of this game it works surprisingly smooth. Thank you for doing justice to her moveset!

Updated to 1.1!
Bringing a bunch of changes and tweaks, as well as a few extra animations.
attachment.php

Changed sprite rotations to LR instead of 0 rotations.
Changed stun animation from standing to a pain sprite.
Sped up the speed of melee attacks.
Melee attacks now stop the sound effect of Cyclone when interrupting it.
Melee attacks & Cyclone have an increased damage range instead of just the player's size.
Sped up Dragon Boost considerably and increased the meter drain from it.
Dragon Boost now destroys spikes.
Dragon Boost inputs are flipped when the player is flipped.
Running animation triggered by exceeding your maximum speed by an amount now temporarily increases your max speed as long as it's kept up (except when using speed shoes).
Added idle animations.
Doubled damage taken.
Dancing.

Fixed Lilac being in the first frame of her walk animation when in Minecarts, uses the first frame of being idle instead due to weird Minecart mechanics.
Fixed hair not being invisible when beating a stage.
Fixed being able to use abilities when stunned in CEZ3.
Fixed taking damage when hurt with a shield.
Improved pit deaths slightly.
Made the stopped to idle transition smoother.

Attachments

• mini.gif
    mini.gif
    799.8 KB · Views: 3,100
Freedom Planet was literally the best Sonic game until Mania came out.

Thank you. I hope FP2 will also be great.

Netplay

I have no idea if anybody's had a similar problem, but me and my friend are having a tough time getting Lilac to work on servers. Whenever we tried, we would both have to be Lilac for her to work. At least, for her to work for me. On his end, he could be Lilac and have no problems if I was any other character. I should also mention that if I do switch characters, my HUD disappears, and that this was a problem in the previous version of Lilac as well.

I have no idea if anybody's had a similar problem, but me and my friend are having a tough time getting Lilac to work on servers. Whenever we tried, we would both have to be Lilac for her to work. At least, for her to work for me. On his end, he could be Lilac and have no problems if I was any other character. I should also mention that if I do switch characters, my HUD disappears, and that this was a problem in the previous version of Lilac as well.

Sorry, my bad, made a mistake with her code and I've quickly fixed it.
Updated to v1.1b so download that and she should function in multiplayer now, figured it's best to just release a quick fixed version that wait a week or two for an update.

There's a Lilac in Kart, maybe if you contact her creator, he could assist/help you with the spriteset problem

I don't mean to bother you when I inform you of this, but 1.1b did fix her major problem (that being that she was nearly unplayable unless everyone was Lilac). There's only a few weird problems. Those being that her health bar doesn't work and she ends up losing rings like any other character and that her hair disappears. But this patch fixed the main problem and I can live with it. Good job :)

I don't mean to bother you when I inform you of this, but 1.1b did fix her major problem (that being that she was nearly unplayable unless everyone was Lilac). There's only a few weird problems. Those being that her health bar doesn't work and she ends up losing rings like any other character and that her hair disappears. But this patch fixed the main problem and I can live with it. Good job :)

It's no bother, don't worry about that, thanks for reporting the problems!
I made a mistake when updating her before and forgot to update her hair's script, so it was affected by the same bug as her animations and such(some things like taking damage checks it exists before running for some reason).

Updated her again to v1.1c this time, yet again this update's only needed if you want to play her in multiplayer!
Hopefully there's none left that'll immediately happen, but if anyone ever finds any bugs, feel free to post them in the thread so I can fix 'em.

yeah this is a great mod and all but my only complaint is that I prefer super lilac being yellow like in all the cheesey fan fictions rather than just straight up blue lilac

This is a pretty cool mod, although one thing i'd ask for is an option to allow the camera to dictate the dragon dash direction, for a bit more grandularity

i wonder if you have any plans to make carol and milla

I don't think he does but I might because their abilities are super similar to abilities already made for mod characters in the srb2 message board. (though the sprites are most definitely a pain in the ass to make for any artist no matter how good they are because Carol and Milla are 2D characters)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back