• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Nothing personnal in this I think...

549139srb20036.png

Zero, in order to show gifs from dropbox, you need to click share link. After that, close the thing that asks you to share the image. Then, right click the download button for the gif and copy the link, like so: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...AH9K6eXqlqtf_irHWgkUA_j4fh9GP4Wy_lqo-sNhgPUFA
Then, remove everything from the end to the question mark, like so:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yozogp23rpew966/avatar2719_34.gif
All that's left is to add
tags, like this:

Thanks mate here is the glorious GIF:
Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

Eggman can also change his shirt's color. Cool thing huh?

My problem with it are the sprites.

First of all, the jet-pack keeps on changing their position on his body. The front frames has it behind his arms, and the back frame has it tucked back to his cape. Not to mention, the diagonal and side frames make the jet-pack look like it's jolting up and down.

Also, everything you've not salvaged from Eggman's official sprites could use some better shading.

Another thing; the front and front-diagonal frames have a big jet-fume; the rest has two smaller jet-fumes.

I could go on longer, but I'm in a bit of a rush.

Not sure if it counts, but I have been working on my own version of a Sega Genesis-esque version of SRB2's soundtrack, which MP3 versions are in my signature since music wads are not allowed here...

And for those that look at them, Arid Canyon and a few others that I cannot think of as of now are due for revisions.

EDIT: Arid Canyon V.2 is finished, added to the download area, and it is much better than V.1 (No more high-pitched part in it anymore! [what was I thinking with putting that in in the first place?]). Also, I added my wad file for it, which is titled incomplete due to not yet having all SRB1 themes and a few themes that are used for maybe a map or two, such as Arid Canyon's old theme.

God my Arid Canyon V.1 was just horrendous...

...Also
So here are some options for my Eggman WAD's Name:
  1. Robotnik
  2. Eggpack
  3. EggJet (My Favourite)
  4. Rocketnick
  5. TheFlyingEgg (Hilariously funny)
  6. Egghead

Which is the best?
By the way some updates:
srb20045.png

srb20048.png

srb20049.png

Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

I added pics for those who cant see the GIF.
For the first time, we get to see Eggman's BACK! Also, we get to see him flying with a jetpack and his walking animations. Wow so many new things about Eggy here. I decided his ability should be HoldFly, as you can see on the GIF. Also, Eggman is taller and Knuckles (Chuckles >:3) HIMSELF!
Should Eggman's colors change his red shirt and his moustache or just his shirt?

I say let the mustache be recolored, it fits in with the comical nature of the wad.

Last edited:
Zero, if the jetpack is going to be covered by Eggman's back on the back frames, they shouldn't be visible on the front frames.

srb20038.gif

srb20039.gif

srb20040.gif

So I had the normal boss as a placeholder for a different boss, and

Well, we learned one lesson today: Normal SRB2 bosses + 2D mode = you're gonna be dead. XD

I guess if you want to use normal SRB2 bosses, you might have to do quite a bit of editing.

My suggestion is, block his movement. make sure Robotnik can't move outside of the 2D battle Field. I suggest an invisible FOF. (What I used to make sure Polyobjects don't throw you off.)

srb20038.gif

srb20039.gif

srb20040.gif

So I had the normal boss as a placeholder for a different boss, and

This could be a good idea to make an invisible fof to keep him in the area.
Also maybe re-SOC the attacking state to make him fire only one rocket instead of rape Sonic.

EDIT: Or remove the fire trail after the raping attack because it's totally avoidable.

I appreciate your suggestions, but as I said, he was just a placeholder for the map. I replaced him with a boss written from scratch, as seen here:

srb20044.gif

...Okay, that was just me messing around in development, this is the real boss:

srb20047.gif

I tried to capture the jank of early Clickteam boss AI, while still having some tells to what he does. He'll change his horizontal direction and speed in midair, but never change his vertical speed or direction. When you hit him, he also stops firing projectiles for a bit, to give you some breathing room. I may mess with the camera some more, and I need to add his ridiculous death animation, but otherwise, he's done! He may not be exactly like his TGF counterpart, but he's VERY close. Onto making Act 2... Another day.

Last edited:
Lel the boss looks like if it was coded in a very old game.
What action did you use to make it act like that?

My level is almost ready for the OLDC, it's name is Forbidden Forest
here are some screenshots of the bases:
4i07ib.png

34fnzet.png

2h6dnb5.png

So here are some options for my Eggman WAD's Name:
  1. Robotnik
  2. Eggpack
  3. EggJet (My Favourite)
  4. Rocketnick
  5. TheFlyingEgg (Hilariously funny)
  6. Egghead

Which is the best?
By the way some updates:
srb20045.png

srb20048.png

srb20049.png

Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

I added pics for those who cant see the GIF.
For the first time, we get to see Eggman's BACK! Also, we get to see him flying with a jetpack and his walking animations. Wow so many new things about Eggy here. I decided his ability should be HoldFly, as you can see on the GIF. Also, Eggman is taller and Knuckles (Chuckles >:3) HIMSELF!
Should Eggman's colors change his red shirt and his moustache or just his shirt?

This wad is available in download?

I appreciate your suggestions, but as I said, he was just a placeholder for the map. I replaced him with a boss written from scratch, as seen here:

srb20044.gif

...Okay, that was just me messing around in development, this is the real boss:

srb20047.gif

I tried to capture the jank of early Clickteam boss AI, while still having some tells to what he does. He'll change his horizontal direction and speed in midair, but never change his vertical speed or direction. When you hit him, he also stops firing projectiles for a bit, to give you some breathing room. I may mess with the camera some more, and I need to add his ridiculous death animation, but otherwise, he's done! He may not be exactly like his TGF counterpart, but he's VERY close. Onto making Act 2... Another day.

made using Lua?

You know, I'm starting to think maybe we should combine our efforts since I have an Act 2 that's actually pretty far along, and even has a Polyobject that mimic's the moving platform's behavior from the TGF version.

srb20011.gif

I'm fully aware of the visual glitiches caused by the polyobject, they're unadvoidable at this time. On the plus side, it's easier to aim for the polyobject in 2D mode than in 3d.

Last edited:
Glaber, you are sharing the gifs wrong too, like how zero was doing it at first. Go back to the top of the page and read my post that explains how to properly show gifs from dropbox.

srb20047.gif

Wow, amazing! Great job! So this is what Lua and 2.1 can do now, huh?

These projects are getting pretty darn interesting, if I must say so myself!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back