Compiler program advertised by wiki not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
The wiki's compiler program is having problems. When it tells me to download the required libraries, etc. it takes me to a website that isn't found/under construction. The program itself works fine, it's just the additional files can't be downloaded. Is there anywhere else where I can find the files? The link to the misleading tutorial page is http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_Code_Compiling.

Ask Cinefast about it. The link leads to his webspace, which he has taken down apparently. We should probably get Alam to host them instead.

Rather: someone who understands these stuff should edit that wiki article and upload the needed files, especially project files (if outdated or screwed). I got my compiler (FYI: CodeBlocks) working after I had gone to another forum to ask for support, but still getting error when I try to compile SRB2:

"Sonic Robo Blast 2 - Release Mingw/DirectX" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

I already bugged Cinefast about the dead link a while ago, and we do need someone else to host the files. I just left the dead link there for lack of something else to put in its place.
I got my compiler (FYI: CodeBlocks) working after I had gone to another forum to ask for support, but still getting error when I try to compile SRB2:
I also tried to use CodeBlocks at first since I couldn't get the compiler working from the command line, but kept getting errors, until Alam said that CodeBlocks is not the best IDE for Windows users, so I switched to wxDev-C++, which compiled SRB2 on my first try.

In any case, I don't think I could fix the article since I have no idea which files are missing, or if I even have them, since I never did get the compiler working without using an IDE. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back