Should I get a PSP-Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
Since it is my birthday in 2 days, my dad is taking me tomorrow to look for stuff and all. I'm thinking about getting it but I'm wondering, is it better than the normal PSP? Or is it not? Is it worth buying to replace my old PSP?

PSPgo has no UMD slot(So no borrowing games from your friends), and has bluetooth.

PSP3000 displays the best colors, and can utilize the entire PSP library(And can hook up to a TV), and no motion blurring, has a built in mic(And more RAM, for faster loading on some games). Also, the PSPgo feels very small in my hands, and is very uncomfortable.

Do not get the PSP Go. You can't buy used games for it, you have to download them from the online store. It's basically one of the biggest flops in recent memory. Nobody bought the thing.

You want the older PSP with the UMD drive if you want to buy a PSP.

I already have the old PSP, I'm really asking if there is a better one like that slim PSP one.

Hey, the system of the PSP Go reminds me of a scrapped console called ''Phantom'' which had the same system of downloading games and such.

I already have the old PSP, I'm really asking if there is a better one like that slim PSP one.
Then you have even LESS of a reason to buy the PSP Go. If you want to play the games you already have on it, you'd have to buy all of those games AGAIN and download them. It's a ripoff of epic proportions.

LOL at "Its easier to pirate on this so its better"

Anyways, PSP Go is only useful if you don't have a PSP. You can play all your games right off the memory card. So no disc carrying issue. Though, I recommend just getting a PSP 3000, or waiting for the next handheld to be announced/released next year or 2.

I'm still a fan of PSP-1000 models, myself, but yeah.

My suggestion is to get a 1000 or 2000 then get a custom firmware on it. PSP Go's "run games off of memory" feature can be easily done if you do.

Get a 3000, here is why.
597463-psp_3000_super.jpg

I have a PSP. And the only thing I have is downloaded games. However, I bought the PSP3001, because that plus an 8GB Sony Memory Stick Duo costs $30 less than a PSPgo. Yeah, I realize I have half the memory space, but I don't think I'll end up using all 8 gigabytes. I still have well over 6GB left. In addition, I can get games that aren't available from PlayStation Store if I so choose.

Wikipedia should tell you what's the difference exactly between all 3 PSPs and the PSP Go.

You shouldn't convince yourself to get a PSP 1000. It has 32MB RAM, compared to the 64MB RAM that all other PSPs have. Everything loads faster, SRB2PSP runs better, etc.

And eventually, you'll want to plug the PSP on your TV. With the PSP 1000 model, you can't. There's a way to do it, but you have to buy this huge device for the PSP that makes it bulky, so it's not worth the trouble.

If you're not planning on hacking the PSP, then get the 3000. As Mystic said, you're better off buying used games than buying brand new ones online for the PSP Go. The Go screen is smaller, anyway.

I have the phat PSP 1000 model, and I never heard of any advantages it has over the other two PSPs. Other than it's the easiest to hack, of course. Eventually, I'll sell it and get myself the 3000 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back