Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demos I do agree was pretty useless, however I can't say the same for stage builder. I love stage builder, it allows one to make a stage exactly the way one would want it be like. I sometimes actually prefer my own stages over the ones in Brawl.

Considering stage builder lead to the easiest/most used way to hack the wii, I could see it not returning. At least not using external storage.

They could of course, you know, fix the way it reads maps? Sure, Nintendo is cracking down HARD on anti-Wii U hacking, even though interest in modding Nintendo's consoles have dropped anyway cuz honestly there's not too much point to it nowadays other than resource hoarding, but since the Wii U uses ACTUAL DLC now, I don't see why they couldn't just patch any holes that'd inevitably pop up. I like the idea of Stage Builder, but it needs more to it.

I personally dream of a LBP esque stage builder but that's probably just a pipe dream :U

Stage builder was limited but that didn't mean it was SO limited I didn't have fun messing with it. I personally hope it comes back with a larger array of tiles.

The game demos were useless. So was stage builder, as the options were very limited and there was no online sharing. I'd rather they just add more characters and stages.

Stage builder could have been better if it wasn't designed by monkeys.

As I mentioned earlier, I hope they at least add Klonoa's outfit for Mii characters to wear. That, equip a green lightsaber, and make a Mii character whose face looks like Klonoa, and boom.

Still though, I was highly disappointed seeing pacman rather than Klonoa. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love pacman, however he doesn't strike me as a 'fighter', and not much creativity can come out of him. Where as Klonoa fits smash bros. universe perfectly in terms of style and the ability to have a great moveset. I mean, Klonoa has many weapons, has had his fair share of fighting, and has a more expressed character in terms of personality. But, pacman, other than eat, what can he do? Seriously? And going back to that expressed personality thing, when you see a cool pose that includes a character smiling, or any other facial expression, like Sonic, Klonoa, Mario, heck, any other character, it should tell us alot about the character and their personality, and might make a special connection with the person play their games, but when I see pacman smile, I feel nothing. I simply see a circle with a curved line, sometimes with an open gap.

Still hoping for Klonoa to make it into the game... If Pac-Man made it in then why not Klonoa?
I don't think that Klonoa will be in the game... I mean, we already have three third party characters Megaman, Sonic and Pac-Man and those three are so well chosen (to go along with Mario) than adding another third party, even Snake, seems awkward. Anyway this is just my opinion.

I'm certain he'll be balanced with the other characters this time around.
His up-B (up special move) no longer let him glide, it's a start!

Last edited:
From what I've seen from the videos, it seems every character seems to have been made faster, and stronger. In a way, it looks like everyone is balanced by them all being OP, and it also seems that lots of moves now get more special properties. Take Sonic for example, his downward aerial attack now seems to be a meteor attack.

EDIT: lol, read the stuff above as if my avatar is saying it.

Your arguments for not including Pac-Man can be shared for Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Rosaluma, and Villager.
Wii Fit Trainer doesn't fight. She does Yoga.
Peach doesn't fight. She gets kidnapped.
Rosaluma doesn't fight. She's too busy running the universe.
Villager doesn't fight. He's too busy running a town.

Your arguments for not including Pac-Man can be shared for Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Rosaluma, and Villager.
Wii Fit Trainer doesn't fight. She does Yoga.
Peach doesn't fight. She gets kidnapped.
Rosaluma doesn't fight. She's too busy running the universe.
Villager doesn't fight. He's too busy running a town.

Well no, you see, those characters have had ability for creativity, and have had fighting experience that can be incorporated into interesting movesets in the Smash Bros. universe. Except the wii fit trainer, however that seems to be a bit more of a joke character, and even then, creativity can be used, and has been by the looks of it. I've seen what they showed with pacman, and he doesn't interest me at all.

Any arguments against Pacman can be discarded with the sound of the Pacmania Level 2 remix playing at full blast.

Honestly, I don't understand why people keep complaining about Pac-Man. Pac-Man is a gaming icon. If you ask your parents or random people off the street about him they'll almost certainly remember. That's not true for any of Namco's other characters, and therefore it just makes sense that if you're going to choose a character from Namco, Pac-Man is it.

When playing a fighting game, I do not want to play as characters simply for renown. I want to play as a good character with a great moveset. I mean, I don't hate the idea of pacman, but nor do I like it. I'm saying that for a namco rep they wasted their possibility of adding a great character. Not to mention that reputation was something that many past fighters didn't have, but was uplifted by the game.

I'm. It really against it, but it's more of a matter of "you could have done better". Pacman has no creativity in his moveset. Every character has moves that are very interesting and make sense for the player to have, where as pacman, not so much.

I can see where Doc is coming from with the whole moveset thing, being that it's a tad hard to give a yellow ball that eats stuff fighting moves.

This is where people's knowledge of Pac-Man kick in. In Smash, he is seen as an ambassador of retro gaming, being compared to the Game & Watch in the trailer due to how old they both are. People would know Pac-Man from his debut game, which is stuff of retro legend. In a sense, giving Pac-Man moves that reference old retro Namco games (including his own) ties this all together in a nice bow. He has attacks that reflect his status in video game history, not just what he could normally physically do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back