Ghost replays crash the game if they fall in a pit

Espyo

This has to be a platform or architecture-specific problem, otherwise it would have been caught by now, so I'll start with my setup.

• (Vanilla) SRB2 version: Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.2.2 (Feb 23 2020 18:40:06 illegal) SDL Linux 64-bit
  • Platform: Lubuntu 16, 4.4.0-174-generic, 64-bit
  • config.cfg: see attachment.

To reproduce, simply enter Record Attack, pick a stage with a death pit (e.g. CEZ1), jump into it and die, let the game take you back to Record Attack, and start the stage again. When the last run's ghost falls in, the game will crash. Half of the time it just stays there and I have to kill the process, and in the other half it throws a proper SIGSEGV.

I can't find any crash logs to send anywhere :/

Notes:

• Naturally, you need to have the last attempt ghost visible.
  • This also happens if you hold P to restart while your character is doing the death animation.
  • This doesn't happen if you die via enemy or crushing.
  • The ghosts are all saved successfully in ~/.srb2/replay, as far as I can tell.
  • The current workaround to not have your game crash is to delete the previous run ghost, or start a run and hold P to restart it right off the bat. ...And then be extremely careful not to fall into a pit.

Attachments

• config.cfg.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 134
Invalid bug report, it seems you used a Github ZIP archive, not a git checkout

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using ********

Couldn't tell you where the version came from. This is the one available on the official Ubuntu repos at srb2.org's download page.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back