Suggestions

Here's some suggestions, add the sonic "peelout abililty" (Sonic CD) and change the falling frames to a more action-styled fall like in Sonic CD.
Make a metal sonic boss, I think it would fit the gameplay since the sprites used in srb2 are supposed to be from that sonic anime or movie (I think it's called "Sonic the Hedgehog the movie" and in the end he fights metal sonic for what is supposed to be the last time). Add 2d camera distance lindef (like in srb2cb), you don't need a camera angle lindef because you can use linedef 5 (camera scanner). Also since we're focusing on the classic sonic gameplay, why not make a 2d gameplay that allows you to bend corners and stuff (like in SRB2 Colors when Pac modified the NiGHTS gameplay).

EDIT:
Another thing(s), make a metal sonic race level; it's not really difficult it's just very time consuming. Make facestabber bots use their guns on their left arm (what's the point of drawing that bit if it's not going to be used) and allow them to take (at least 2 or) 3 hits. Finally make a flicky/animal garden (not a chao garden since that is not classic).

Last edited:
For the umpteenth time

2D mode using the NiGHTS track is an insanely bad idea. The track is not stable enough to use for that. It's fragile in NiGHTS mode as it is, making it a full-fledged mode would break stages in half. Stop requesting that. It's not practical and it's not happening.

Ok but you can still allow camera distance controlling in 2d mode, because the camera can sometimes seem to be too far...

You can separate the modes, if you managed to code in a NiGHTS gameplay in a mod doom then surely you can code in a new mode that is like "single/coop/race" but allow a dynamic 2d. This can also follow the classic gameplay in sonic generations.

EDIT:
@Unknownlight:
Camera scanners could be an alternative to this if used correctly, you can specify the height, angle and distance of the camera.

Last edited:
You can separate the modes, if you managed to code in a NiGHTS gameplay in a mod doom then surely you can code in a new mode that is like "single/coop/race" but allow a dynamic 2d. This can also follow the classic gameplay in sonic generations.

To reference what Rob said above, the current state of dynamic 2D mode (ala NiGHTs mode) isn't designed for normal play. It would require a lot of work to fix the system they already use to make dynamic 2D possible right now.
For example, if you were to go too fast, I'm guessing you could possibly come out of the loop or pass a transfer point. Not only this, but trying to force the character onto a a NiGHTs path would be difficult in my head. (If I've read that wrong or some given some silly examples, please correct me)

That's all I needed to know, moving on...
What about these:
-metal sonic battle/race
-peelout ability
-2d camera distance linedef
-facestabber with gun use and more health
-change falling frame image to a action-styled fall (Sonic CD)

EDIT:
Also how about making sounds be played in cut scenes, for example if the scene is set in a base where an alarm has been set off.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever considered a way to switch the type of server being hosted (Standard, Casual, Dark Assembly) directly during a netgame? I'm seeing certain people on occasion host roleplaying netgames in Standard.

Last edited:
That's all I needed to know, moving on...
What about these:
-metal sonic battle/race
-peelout ability

Metal Sonic Battle: I think they are already in the works of a Metal Sonic battle but I think we will see something like that in future releases.

Super Peel Out: Come on dude, isn't the spindash not good enough? lol. Also, the Super Peel Out would not look good in a 3D level.

Hm.... Know that I imagine the peelout in 3d, ew...
But I still want to stress these:
-2d camera distance linedef
-facestabber with gun use and more health

Here's a big one.

Kicking out all players from a Special Stage if just one player dies, especially in the last two Special Stages. This needs to be eliminated, in that when you die, you're just eliminated (but you keep the rings collected so the team doesn't lose rings and make the level impassable.) and everyone else stays in. Only if everyone is killed or the timer runs out does the stage actually end.

Um... they changed the way that special stages are done you know.
You now have to do it in NiGHTs style so I don't think you can die but the time limit can still run out.

I doubt that a lot of people will do this, they may say that they prefer the old special stages now, then all of a sudden... They get excited over a new gameplay.

Well as long as we're able to play Special Stages with any character other than Sonic so the game doesn't pull a Sonic Chaos on us and only allows one of the playable characters to reach the good ending.

I would like to see a sector effect identical to Star Post Activator (4096) in which the player respawns in the center of whatever star post(s) is in that sector. If there were multiple, you would respawn in the center of whatever line/shape can be drawn out of them.

I would like to see a sector effect identical to Star Post Activator (4096) in which the player respawns in the center of whatever star post(s) is in that sector. If there were multiple, you would respawn in the center of whatever line/shape can be drawn out of them.

Um... Is it not already like that? Plus, what would the player gain from that? What would anyone gain?

(100th post. ^^)

Last edited:
Um... Is it not already like that? Plus, what would the player gain from that? What would anyone gain?

It isn't. I've done some tests on it. This is really just an aesthetic detail that I'd like to have as an option.

Last edited:
Most people do not know how frustrated I get when I timeout on a server with wads, then can't rejoin because I have those wads added! It would really help if they were only temporarily added, then if you got a timeout/c-fail/whatever, you could rejoin. I think the only time the wads should stay added is if you add them yourself...

Most people do not know how frustrated I get when I timeout on a server with wads, then can't rejoin because I have those wads added! It would really help if they were only temporarily added, then if you got a timeout/c-fail/whatever, you could rejoin. I think the only time the wads should stay added is if you add them yourself...

What they should so is when they c-fail, have Srb2 search for servers with the EXACT wad files that you have downloaded.

What they should so is when they c-fail, have Srb2 search for servers with the EXACT wad files that you have downloaded.
But wouldn't this cause some serious lag if Srb2 tried to registered a lot of servers.
Srb2 already tells you if don't have the files for a server (that requires you to have the same files as them) and it shows you the name of those files so that you can find them yourself online.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back