Is the Bomberman Series going downward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I recently played the Bomberman Land for the Wii, and it wasn't great. Some of the minigames are incredibly hard to get the MININMUM SCORE.(Jump rope game for example) and most of the minigames I find dull. I didn't even like the battle mode, it just didn't feel right.

Bomberman Land Touch 2 seemed better to me, interesting gameplay, decent minigames, and somewhat interesting story. Battle mode on this game I enjoy, dispite being more laggy than srb2 on dial-up.

So, what do you think about the Bomberman series at the point that it is now?

It's... steadily declining, unfortunately. At least in my own opinion. The last game I played was Bomberman Jetters for the Game Cube, and I wasn't thoroughly impressed except for the battle mode, which is always awesome.

The latest Bomberman game I own is Bomberman Tournament. 1P mode was alright, but the multiplayer mode is very clean and made the game worth it. I can't say anything for games past that, though.

Latest (and only) Bomberman I have is Bomberman Generation on the GameCube. It's alright, I guess. I've never been a humongous Bomberfan.

Bomberman 64- Great 1P mode, sweet Battle mode.

Bomberman Hero- Good if you're into interplanetary adventures, no battle mode.

Bomberman Tournament- I love RPGs, but this 1p-mode was a little meh. Battle Mode was AWESOME, however, as it required a little more strategy than 64's.

Bomberman Generation- 1P-mode was quite interesting this time, story was solid, and the gameplay was intuitive. Performing all these Charabom*coughPokemoncough* fusions was a very challenging endeavour. Battle mode is the same as Tournament's,which was different to 64's, but with a few new items and it was in 3D.

Those are all the Bomberman games I have played, and so I say the 1P-modes are declining but Battle modes are still going Strong.

Bomberman is best as a multiplayer game. There is absolutely no good reason why they keep putting 1P modes in the games.

Quite simply, it's for the people that multiplayer games don't appeal to. If I'm not mistaken, Bomberman started out in his first game as a 1P action-puzzle game, so it makes sense.

It's true that the 1P modes have always been a little lacking, though. If you're looking for a good 1P experience, though, any of the three N64 games are a pretty good pick.

I dunno, I actually kinda liked the Single Player aspect of Bomberman Generations, despite the evil boss difficulty and lackluster voice-acting. Of course, the Multiplayer was simply ace, as it mixed classic Bomberman with a few new moves and powerups.

Bomberman has found a multiplayer formula that functions flawlessly. I see no reason to assume the series is moving down because of minimal changes made to this formula.

But some of those small changes are wrecking the series, I loved Bomberman Hero, but Generation seemed less complete compared to it.

Have you heard how annoying Shouts voice is in Jetterz? Plus, some of the specials are either overpowered, or useless. Flamebomber's and White Bomber's are the only ones I would consider balanced.

Even though the series is degrading, the first 3 of the SNES series and Jetters Collection (japan ftw) are the best of the series.

Bomberman Jetters sucked, multiplayer was somewhat serviciable.

The first sucked, along with the second.

Super Bomberman 4-end sucked.

Tournament was very fun, and the Jetters on the GBA was better than the GC one.

Last Bomberman I played was Bomberman live, and I love it to death. The best online XBLA game to date(Until the PAX indie games come out on XBLA).

Bomberman live was great, and when Bomberman wii-ware comes out that will be ace so I dont see how the series is declining.

Bomberman Live has the standard Bomberman multiplayer with some extra stuff like costumes and arena features. I don't know about any single-player stuff, but Bomberman doesn't seem like it's changed hardly at all.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I have never played Bomberman. Have I been missing out?

Same thing I've been wondering. I seriously doubt there is a decent singleplayer experience, but it looks like its got a pretty awesome multiplayer experience.

Is the most recent Bomberland DS game worth getting, or does it really tank during multiplayer?

Bomberman is hilariously exciting when it comes multiplayer, especially when you play with friends. Once again, I haven't played any games past Bomberman Tournament, so I can't really say anything about games released after that (including Bomberman DS), but from what I've played, I've especially enjoyed Bomberman Tournament, Super Bomberman 2, Bomberman 64, and BM64: The Second Attack. I would assume Bomberman DS is pretty cool too, since it allows for up to eight players.

So, yeah, give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back