That cute (it this why we should pronounce it "RO-BAE"?) little robot was fun to play with.
I still feel like I should point out a few things. First of all, it seems Robe can not recover his battery (by collecting rings) if he is hanging on something (Arid Canyon ropes and Tails pickup, for example)
I'm very curious about why did you add a super form that works only during Metal Sonic race...

You need to hold jump as you press spin to transform. you so happened to have did it during the race. We will proceed to fix an further issues

attachment.php

god did i miss playing as inazuma
Jokes aside, this little guy's a blast to play as. I'd reccomend this to anyone looking for a new play style, and especially for those who are looking for something like Inazuma.
I've found a few errors though.
1. Having a shield that attracts rings makes the rings act weird when you use Robe's attacks.
attachment.php

2. When you have OpenGL enabled without models, Robe's sprite does this.
attachment.php

EDIT: Also, if you time a Spin press correctly while finishing a level, Robe will stare at you until the next level.
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 971
  • srb20001.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 972
  • srb20002.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 978
  • srb20006.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,077
Last edited:
V1.01 - Robe can no longer attract enemies in netgames in order to increase stability.
- Rings will now properly give Robe energy when he collects them while riding something like the pullies in ACZ.
- Robe's own attraction no longer conflicts with that of the Attraction Shield's.
- Robe's charge animation is now properly cancelled upon completing a level.

attachment.php

god did i miss playing as inazuma
Jokes aside, this little guy's a blast to play as. I'd reccomend this to anyone looking for a new play style, and especially for those who are looking for something like Inazuma.
I've found a few errors though.
1. Having a shield that attracts rings makes the rings act weird when you use Robe's attacks.
attachment.php

2. When you have OpenGL enabled without models, Robe's sprite does this.
attachment.php

EDIT: Also, if you time a Spin press correctly while finishing a level, Robe will stare at you until the next level.
attachment.php

v1.0.1 fixes everything but the shield overlapping. That's an openGL problem.

So. I played this character from Greenflower to Techno Hill so far, and my I was in for a surprise. This little guy is so freaking fun to play as. I love his sprites, and I like the fact that the abilities are so good yet they have a gauge to keep them balanced. A very good character overall and I love playing as him.

Great Job Lonely its really fun to play as and it feels really good to play as

I was about to sleep.
Then boom, the character i was waiting for is released

stop, you are making me want to play as this guy more

Idk why it reminds me or kirby, but anyways

Holy Shi-
THIS IS CUTEEEEEEEE AHHHH

After playing this character from GFZ1 To THC2, i will say this, i really like those abilites this lil electric boyo has, specifically the electric vortex. I also like to see robe just got hugged by amy for some reason
Screenshot_2020-10-05-23-13-20-25.png
anyway, good job LonelyFoxz, Very Cool

Last edited:
Well-sprited, interesting concept for a character.
2020 wads are consistent bangers.
My only gripe would be the sloppy movement flow; i.e. Shock Jump essentially cancelling out all horizontal movement while never increasing in vertical velocity, and being unable to perform a Vortex out of a falling state.
Not much more to say on this one, I want to keep it short and sweet. I'm sick of trying to write up a thesis on every character when they all essentially read the same: "it's good, wads this year are good, here's a thing I don't like about it, kthxbai"

Well-sprited, interesting concept for a character.
2020 wads are consistent bangers.
My only gripe would be the sloppy movement flow; i.e. Shock Jump essentially cancelling out all horizontal movement while never increasing in vertical velocity, and being unable to perform a Vortex out of a falling state.
Not much more to say on this one, I want to keep it short and sweet. I'm sick of trying to write up a thesis on every character when they all essentially read the same: "it's good, wads this year are good, here's a thing I don't like about it, kthxbai"

It seems we've founds ourselves a bug. It's an odd bug but has happened during the early stages of development but we never expected it too still exist. We'll try and find a way to patch the issue thank you for the report!

V1.03
- Rolling or drilling as Robe now displays his dash sprites.
- Robe's NiGHTS sprites now have ears.
- Robe's HUD no longer displays in NiGHTS.
- Removed an odd afterimage while transforming in NiGHTS.
- Robe can now be damaged by lava in NiGHTS.
- Robe can now use rollangle properly.
- Attracting blue spheres is now possible in the Multiplayer Special Stages.
- Robe's ability to stand on spiked floors has been restored.
- Robe can once again be damaged by damage water.
- Robe's nullification of any electric damage has been restored. And this time you can now also pierce Brak's defenses :]

Last edited:
Another Robe update, this time fixing even more oopsies and adding proper Cross Momentum support.

V1.04

- Robe can now use shields again, since somehow it got completely disabled over the past couple updates. Like last time, hold jump and then press spin to do so.
- Made it so that Robe can activate the Electric Vortex multiple times in one jump, and after using the Shock Jump, like in previous versions.
- Fixed error that would pop up when going over electric floors.
- Robe can now regenerate energy when jumping. However, it's 4x slower than regeneration on the ground. This allows you to get some energy back when you're platforming but not using your abilities.
- Added Cross Momentum support. The Electric Vortex's speed is now relative to Robe's speed before activating, and speed will be gained over time. Both of Robe's abilities are buffed significantly while hyper.

At the moment the hyper version of the Electric Vortex is bugged and will barely go anywhere. This is a bug with Cross Momentum, and will be fixed in an update with that mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back