Resource icon

[Open Assets] Sendcolor: Players pick their own skincolors! (v7) 7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
H

I keep getting this error message "Invalid value for field ramp" when trying to make a .txt file to send a color to servers. Does anyone know a fix for this?

It could be the ramp (as the post above says) but I've gotten the same error when trying to send a color with metadata to a version of Sendcolor that doesn't have such feature in.

The version some servers have is version 2. Please make sure you know what version of sendcolor the server has added. If all else fails, make a copy of the color you wish to send, rid of the metadata, save the .txt (of course) and launch another instance of SRB2 to send it.

There have been a few cases lately where I try to send a color to a server only for the game to be unable to read it, and any other instances of me trying to send colors results in getting a "one color per player" error message even if the color would have otherwise worked and the color I sent doesn't appear in the server's list.

The post above yours (which is mine, how ironic) kinda already touched upon that. Try copying the color, getting rid of the metadata, save the txt, load up a second instance of SRB2 to connect there and send it.

"Easy peasy"

Got it to work, turns out there was some info I forgot to specify in a color but it's still troublesome when you send an invalid color and you can't try again with another color you have saved.

Anyways I hear that as of 2.2.7, trying to use sendcolors results in the game freezing, thus no servers run it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in getting this out, v7 is a tiny one-line fix to make this compatible with 2.2.8 - hoping to get a proper update out with some more QoL stuff later but at least it's usable now!

when i try to add a color it says that ive reached the color limit even though ive never sent one
Did you try to send an invalid color, accidentally? Most servers have a one color per player limit, and since sending a color also marks as adding it regardless of the state of the transfer, it disallows you to send any colors.

Last edited:
When I try to set my color to auto (I was using the setauto command) it says access denied to client/(file name here)

would like it if you fixed the crash server on demand bug that seems to happen when the metadata name and name are different but nice mod

Does the freeze you mentioned in the description happen on the server and/or other clients, or just on the client where the command was entered? If it happens for anyone else, I'd say that's a serious problem as it could be used for griefing and/or DoS.

Does the freeze you mentioned in the description happen on the server and/or other clients, or just on the client where the command was entered? If it happens for anyone else, I'd say that's a serious problem as it could be used for griefing and/or DoS.
I've heard it crashes the server, but I've never been able to replicate it. The game just goes about its business as if nothing happened. Perhaps something changed with either v7 or 2.2.9 that made the mod work properly?

How I try write sendcolor on my srb2 console but it said sendcolor.txt ??? I don't know how to do it
Post automatically merged:

I keep getting this error message "Invalid value for field ramp" when trying to make a .txt file to send a color to servers. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Me too the same

i dont understand i just stard to put sendcolor -auto <node>.txt i already have my color and it says couldn't open color <node>.txt what does that mean?

i dont understand i just stard to put sendcolor -auto <node>.txt i already have my color and it says couldn't open color <node>.txt what does that mean?
The command you entered makes it try to send a color called "<node>.txt" and if successful, make it automatically send next time you join a server with sendcolor. Since the color you're trying to access doesn't exist (because you're trying to open a file using the parameter that selects the color in sendcolor.txt) it throws that error.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back