Suggestions

It's called Co-op, idiots. The objective is to cooperate. Not a diffcult concept (and as of yet not one that is as important as it should be).

Last edited:
Yeah, but just because the objective is to cooperate doesn't mean you can't screw each other up. Considering Coop makes so much of the game trivially easy, I really don't feel bad that SS7 is currently so sadistic to complete with multiple players. There are tons of tokens to collect, so you've got a lot of tries at it.

There's no reason to ignore users that use the Ocean theme.
What D00D64 said. I use Ocean myself and I can tell what's a link and what's not just fine. But since glaber obviously has problems with that, he should probably use Tidal (because it looks almost like Ocean and has the links underlined).

Do maps like Noxious Factory, Sapphire Falls, and Cloud Palace really need their max brightness below 255? I know Software's "light" cancels it out, but it still looks awkward that a level's outdoors is slightly shaded in clear daylight. It also makes them look rather ugly in OpenGL, and does it more bad than Software good. I'm aware OpenGL isn't supported, it is going to be seeing a lot of use now, especially in Match and CTF, which are the gametypes for the levels I'm referring to.

It would also be nice if colormaps were using more to express lighting; examples include a red/orange tint in Lava maps, blue/cyan colormap in the indoor areas of Frost Columns, and a dark blue lighting in nighttime areas(dark blue skys would be nice too). Lighting shouldn't be limited to just level brightness, which can be rather dull looking at certain places.

I did that because in reality, things aren't full brightness like that. Objects in the distance aren't as clear as objects in the foreground, and the method Doom uses to emulate that is lightlevel. I might have the number slightly off, so I can do some experimentation on that, but I know that 255 is not the correct number.

This is more for debugging than playing but, a spawnallemeralds command when devmode is on.

All emerald spawn points will spawn an emerald.
An example of how it could work...
Code:
spawnallemeralds
All powerstones have been spawned
0/70
After you collect all the emeralds it could chime letting you know that your emerald spawns are placed correctly!

Code:
69/70
70/70
*plays extra life sound*

Weapon Cards should fade away faster when they are grabbed; I often can't tell if another grabbed it already or not occasionally.

Teleports should be disabled in Time-Only race. Teleports worked in Sonic 2 since racing to the finish was not the only goal, but they most definitely do not work at all in a time-only setting.

The 6th Emerald should be color Cyan, not Light Blue(it is only light blue because of the lack of cyan in the palette back then). I also feel that Cyan in general is underused in non-ice based textures; cyan water would be nice in GFZ. DSZ's water color should be more cyan too, so that underwater areas aren't all gray(and the classics often had varying water color anyway). I also noticed that DSZ uses the White/Blue waterfall, shouldn't use the cyan one(I believe that srb2.srb has a cyan waterfall).

The Rail Ring trail needs to have a different graphic besides simple yellow sparks; it should have a red beam with a silver spiral.
Similar example:
Screenshot_Doom_20100609_021240.png

Last edited:
The Rail Ring trail needs to have a different graphic besides simple yellow sparks; it should have a red beam with a silver spiral.
Similar example:
[One of the images I posted in IRC the other day]

Don't forget this:

Screenshot_Doom_20100609_021349.png

Skulltag allowed for custom spiral trail colors.

A extra control that allows you to zoom in and out while standing still in a safe spot while equipped and currently using a rail ring. That should improve accuracy and really feel like a sniper rifle.

A extra control that allows you to zoom in and out while standing still in a safe spot while equipped and currently using a rail ring. That should improve accuracy and really feel like a sniper rifle.

The Rail Ring is not a sniper rifle. The Railgun was not a sniper rifle either. SRB2CB used to have a scope for the Rail Gun, and that was a terrible idea. If a zoom finction was in place, it would remove a large chunk of the skill needed to use the rail properly.

More to the point, zoom only works in OpenGL. Back when it used to be allowed, it was completely overpowering at long ranges. Being pegged from across the map over and over again with no hope of defense is no fun at all.

Description of menus.
Example:
Code:
        > 1 PLAYER                        
           MULTIPLAYER
           OPTIONS
           QUIT GAME

[Play in single player mode.]
[] indicates a box like in SRB2's description of a save file.

-Map/Gametype voting. It'll solve the problems with hosts being AFK and players wanting a map switch. Sorta like the Rock the Vote plugin for sourcemod. Enough players want the map switched, they rtv and get to vote on a new map. And after 30 seconds, map switched :P

-Different crosshairs for each weapon ring. Like in fps games. Also helps you realize you switched weapon rings as well as gives you better aim for that weapon ring.

Last edited:
Different crosshairs for each weapon ring. Like in fps games. Also helps you realize you switched weapon rings as well as gives you better aim for that weapon ring.

A-HEM.

Not everyone likes that feature. Me, being an Angle/Point crosshair user, can't really aim all that well without it. The lack of a simple DOT in the middle of the cross crosshair is rather annoying, and makes rail almost impossible to aim for me.

(But I seriously wish the Angle crosshair can have the Point overlap it; I constantly loose track of that crosshair in places like Icicle Falls.)

-Map/Gametype voting. It'll solve the problems with hosts being AFK and players wanting a map switch. Sorta like the Rock the Vote plugin for sourcemod. Enough players want the map switched, they rtv and get to vote on a new map. And after 30 seconds, map switched :P

-Different crosshairs for each weapon ring. Like in fps games. Also helps you realize you switched weapon rings as well as gives you better aim for that weapon ring.

How about no.
Instead, give the choice of different crosshairs and crosshair colors. I've already suggested this.

An command that kill/change position of anyone who stays in his base's flag sector for 10 seconds or + so it could prevent camping. Those commands should be something like this:

- allowcamping ---> Variables: On/Off
- campingtime ---> Variables: Host/Admin decides the time allowed in CTF. If set to 0, no timelimit. This command should only work if allowcamping is on.

[OFFTOPIC]Dunno if this is already suggested but I seriously don't wanna look 1366 posts[OFFTOPIC]

Last edited:
Here's an aesthetically useful idea. Create a new linedef flag, Align FOF Textures. Name is self explanatory; if it is set on the controlling linedef of an FOF, its side textures get autoaligned.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back