Official Level Design Contest - December Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might just get me back into level designing. I've started a level layout in Doombuilder for this competition, I can only wait and see what comes of it as I work more.

WAW and BAK files have no relation to gameplay and should not be included.

Cool. There's no signup thing or anything though; you're just in if and when I get your level before the deadline.

hey this is just a suggestion but with the level that won should we have like a deathmatch tourny or something? like these guys enter the level making comp :o :) :D and :D wins so then we have a tourny on :D s level with 8) :evil: :twisted: and :twisted: wins so :twisted: get something like a secret cheat like what is that fishcake thing in final demo? so uh am i sucky or what

We have a tourny on all the levels, that's how they're judged.

Also, the fishcake thing cheat is pretty much common knowledge by now.

Not like fishcake can be used for anything but finding speeds, heights, etc. and changing characters in single player.

In 4.35 you could get a peek at the Ideya drone pose if you change to Sonic while climbing a wall as Knuckles. I don't know if that still works, even with fishcake.

It still works in multiplayer.

By the way, Blue Blur, you planning to whip up something for our contest? It would be really nice if you did.

:( I finished mine a really long time ago. I hope everyone has forgotten it by now so they can have that "omg, it's new and cool" feeling again...

To clarify, levels do not need a No Tag Zone. You can put one in if you like, but tag works fine without it.

Yush... But I like no tag zones. It's fun to get chased around, run into a no tag zone and watch as they shoot you 10 times going "oooooooooh, I had you! I had you but you got in to the no tag zone! >.<" out of frustration. Can you make the players have numbers over their head saying how much time they have left in a no tag zone? That would be useful, so people can't "fake" being in a no tag zone when they are actually on no-tag lag...

a441 said:
It still works in multiplayer.

By the way, Blue Blur, you planning to whip up something for our contest? It would be really nice if you did.

No problem, a441, I have a new wad I have been working on, or do you want ALL my wads I've never submitted? I've got a lot.

Consult the rules, particularly the one about entries having to be made specifically for the contest.

The one you're working on now should be fair game, assuming it was started sometime this month.

Okay, sorry about that then. It'll be there. Unless It sucks. That's what happened to my other one, except Chaotic Starship.

Just a reminder, the deadline is now only THREE DAYS AWAY! Better hurry and finish up those last minute entries if you want to be included, guys!

Submissions go to a441@srb2.org.

This is shaping up to be the biggest contest ever, so you don't want to miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back