Every Smash Brother

But is it just from a broad point of view, competitive, casual, lore?

And yes, there are people who talk about the supposed lore of the smash series.

ΩSmashCrafterΩ;834240 said:
But is it just from a broad point of view, competitive, casual, lore?

And yes, there are people who talk about the supposed lore of the smash series.
Let's avoid opening the can of worms that the competitive side of Smash can be (especially regarding recent events that we won't explicitly talk about here).

I just want to say that Brawl is underappreciated and that I'm glad people are now liking it again since some years ago.

Let's avoid opening the can of worms that the competitive side of Smash can be (especially regarding recent events that we won't explicitly talk about here).

I just want to say that Brawl is underappreciated and that I'm glad people are now liking it again since some years ago.

Brawl is actually my 2nd favorite smash bros game because I'm biased and very nostalgic. Ultimate is the best smash bros game by technicality, but it's my favorite of the bunch.

Brawl is actually my 2nd favorite smash bros game because I'm biased and very nostalgic. Ultimate is the best smash bros game by technicality, but it's my favorite of the bunch.
Same for me, Brawl is my second favorite game overall.

Melee is my favorite only because of nostalgia because let's be honest this game was a rushed thus making it a broken mess that people exploited to do tricks with it.

Smash 64 has its own charm but has aged a lot mechanically speaking...

I've only played the 3DS version of Smash 4, while its single player content was very limited I loved some of the modes like Smash Run (I really miss it in Ultimate).

Tbh the 3ds version of smash 4 is alot more interesting content wise than the Wii U version, but what sucks is that everybody is gonna play the Wii U version more because it's on a home console. A failed home console, but still a home console, and because of that it will attract more people. Not saying it's worse than the 3ds version - If anything it's as good - but the 3ds version content wise is much better- oh wait smash tour exists! I just remembered I'm suppose to hate the Wii U.

My Smash Ultimate thread is dead so thanks but i love smash 4 rob he was a good character he still is but i prefer terry

Quite honestly (going off the discussion that ClassicNC and Icarus are having) Smash on the 3ds was way under-looked and had some very good ideas like Smash Run. I personally played for a couple thousand hours on 3ds and although I had very limited time with the Wii U version, I’d say I had more fun on the 3ds than the Wii U simply because of the single player content it brought.

Beside this, my favorite must be Brawl as well, as I spent most of my childhood playing it and I have very fond memories of it. Casually wise it’s most honestly the best game in the series. Competitive wise, it’s probably the weakest, considering that Smash 64 has more attraction than Brawl right now. Although I will say that this is most likely because of Smash Remix, but eitherways, Brawl is definitely my favorite.

Beside this, my favorite must be Brawl as well, as I spent most of my childhood playing it and I have very fond memories of it. Casually wise it’s most honestly the best game in the series. Competitive wise, it’s probably the weakest, considering that Smash 64 has more attraction than Brawl right now. Although I will say that this is most likely because of Smash Remix, but either ways, Brawl is definitely my favorite.
I know that ranting and making a hot take isn't very productive but Smash Bros was never meant to be a fully competitive series.

And as much as I love the charm of the low-poly look of SSB64 I also find it to be mechanically very clunky.

There's a lot of controversy with Smash in general because of the "lol it's a party game" mentality, 'cause like.. as true as it may be that it was intended that way, it grew out of that because of the players.

Yes, the casual audience is the biggest factor, but giving a competitive side or some more advanced features would not hurt the game - casual players wouldn't really discover them in the first place.

I loved Brawl, but once I dipped back into Melee, I practically had to step into the territory of Project M, which takes the cake as my favourite Smash game, even if it isn't official or anything. It's Brawl, except with Melee's weight and mechanics and speed. A few things in it I disagree with (such as unnecessary punishment for accidental air dodging/facing away from the edge/ledge hogging; all of those don't really contribute to the game in a meaningful way save for PURE competitive perfectionism which should not exist) but at the end of the day, having a high ceiling for player growth only extends the lifespan of a game.

There's a reason Melee survived so damn long, and the fact that it was possible to do all this crazy stuff in it did not change its viability to be enjoyed as a party game. The original Brawl, however, can only really be enjoyed as a party game because of how awkward, defensive and clunky it is, and this is coming from someone who played Brawl for a LONG time, every day, for a solid year.

Ultimate is a very good step in the right direction, regardless! It's one that I can go to and play for the fun of it and have a decent time. It's good in a lot of its own ways.

Finally, my main is probably Samus; was the case in Melee, Project M and the likes. Trying to get her to work in Ultimate is harder, but I still like to try.

I am sorry but I found the Melee fanbase to be a bit toxic those last years, some even complained about Ultimate not being 100% like Melee...

I feel like that Brawl got unjustfully overhated during the last decade as well...

Saying that this is a party game should never anger any fan because it's the truth.

Melee's competitiveness mostly came from engine exploits because the game was rushed (which is why people called it a "fortunate accident").

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back