Small patch seeing as 2.2.2 broke some things in Silver;

2.1 (24/02/2020)
  • Fixes:
    • Fixed Silver's aura colour being wrong because of 2.2.2's new colours. This should now be future proof thanks to R_GetColorByName.
    • Fixed interactions with the Skim enemies.
    • Fixed a small ringslinger oversight.
  • Psychokinesis:
    • Thrown item speed changed from 55 to 75
    • Thrown items now target the center of their targets rather than their Z position. This should make throws against moving targets much more likely to land.

I like Silver mod like one of the best made. However I got one annoyance and that is why does Silver easily get stopped by walls? That used to not be a thing. Now every wall he runs into during boost mode all his speed is immediately stopped. It pointless than.

I phenomenally enjoy this character. I put Silver right up there vanilla Sonic for replay potential. It feels like there's always new, fascinating ways to break the levels with Silver's moveset that I haven't yet discovered. The duality between abusing the Psycho Boost and running through levels vanilla while waiting for the bar to recharge is incredibly satisfying.

I've gone ahead and recorded a full playthrough (no special stages) with Silver using the 3D models, as I haven't seen any other recorded gameplay with him. I've tried to be as flashy as possible, but it was a single segment recording without too much practice, so there's a couple of fumbles and deaths.

Attachments

• silver.gif
    silver.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 814
  • silver2.gif
    silver2.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 322
  • silver3.gif
    silver3.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 291
As a suggestion, it'd be cool if there was an option to have psycho boost respond to mouse only controls for moving either up or down, so that instead of having the movement controls changing the angle it'd be based the direction a person is aiming.

Boy, this has to be one of my favorite add-ons of 2.1 and now 2.2, grabbing stuff and throwing it has to be the most fun thing in the game, floating and psycho-boosting is pretty useful, I had yet to try him in match since my internet is trash and I'm not good at match, but I guess if you're silver people are gonna fear you.
"Lat", you deserve a pat on the back for making this character, you created the most perfect incarnation of this character ever made for this game. Keep at it!

(Pardon my grammar)

Does anybody have enough patience to walk me through installing this for Mac OSX version? :/

I have not been able to successfully implement any mods or add-ons, but I watched Magnemania's playthrough and this character looks super fun.

You may been asked this already, if so, my bad, but.

Why were the shield abilities from 2.1 Silver scrapped? I thought the abilities themselves were fun as hell and I can't do some of my favorite things with Silver from then here? (Annihilating a row of enemies with Electric shield, pulling pro gamer strats with the extra psychoboost time given with Force Shield). Not only was it really damn fun but it seems like too much work was put into that aspect of old silver to be tossed away. I might be talking out of my ass but the visuals and also the scripting of that seems like something that would take a lot of passion and time.

I don't know if you know about this or not but Silver is broken in battle mod currently. Not "haha he's so op" broken no, He doesn't actually work anymore. His ability still hits badniks just fine in co-op but when it makes contact with players nothing happens meaning he can't pick people up and throw them in battle pvp. He also can't throw item boxes at people anymore. If you don't care enough to fix it that's fine i just wanted to let it be known that he's bugged in battle mod

I don't know if you know about this or not but Silver is broken in battle mod currently. Not "haha he's so op" broken no, He doesn't actually work anymore. His ability still hits badniks just fine in co-op but when it makes contact with players nothing happens meaning he can't pick people up and throw them in battle pvp. He also can't throw item boxes at people anymore. If you don't care enough to fix it that's fine i just wanted to let it be known that he's bugged in battle mod

I'm having the same issue. Psycho Shock no longer does anything to players, which is kind of a shame.

Basically his Psycho Shock does normal damage, rather than letting you pick them up. Which maybe isn't the worst idea since SMS Alfredo made tongue bad just because of some stages that have bottomless pits.
Also people complain Silver can change item-box locations, I kinda like that since you know you could use it strategically, buuuut maybe that is broken.

Actually, it doesn't even damage for me. It literally does nothing.

Basically his Psycho Shock does normal damage, rather than letting you pick them up. Which maybe isn't the worst idea since SMS Alfredo made tongue bad just because of some stages that have bottomless pits.
Also people complain Silver can change item-box locations, I kinda like that since you know you could use it strategically, buuuut maybe that is broken.

Silver being able to pick people up if he hit with psycho shock was fair, it took a lot of effort to hit with it even with auto aim since the tracking isn't that great, he's a nospin so he's more vulnerable than most at all times, he can't hold you very long and you can strafe out of his throw if he doesn't throw you close enough to a wall. Throwing monitors was his only other reliable form of attack its debatable if being able to move item locations is really that powerful though. I think in some cases it is like for example in a map like nimbus ruins he can make the item boxes in that map unreachable but he also wouldn't be able to use them, still evening the playing field for everyone. His kit was really well balanced the problem right now is that he just simply doesn't work correctly.

I'm aware of the issue, it seems BattleMod changed the way projectile damage is handled. I have plans to fix this alongside better BattleMod gameplay in general soon-ish.

Version 2.2 release

Finally, we're matching the game release version!

Silver V2.2 (28/03/2020)
  • Battlemod:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed Silver's projectiles not functionning at all in BattleMod.
      • Fixed Ringslinger abilities not working at all in Ringslinger gamemodes if BattleMod was added.
    • Balance changes:
      • Psycho Shock base speed changed from 24 to 32. It should land more reliably.
      • Psycho Boost now gets melee priority depending on how fast it's going, starting at 1 attack 1 defence, all the way up to 4 attack and 4 defence.

Server experienced a script break earlier this morning.
Code:
WARNING: DOWNLOAD/VCL_Silver-v2.2.pk3|Lua/Defs.LUA:482: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'pflags' (a nil value)

Mods were loaded, so I couldn't tell you what the source was. My best guess is perhaps that the script caught an argument that wasn't player userdata?

I don't know if you can fix this, but maybe make Silver not able to change item monitor spawn locations.

Battle Suggestions: - Make people able to mash out of Silver's telekinetic grasp (Like Dirk's freeze stun.)
- When Silver grabs an item, to make it not home in on the user, but instead make it like Fang's popgun where it only has auto-aim on the start of the move
- If the former isn't enough, make the item only as fast as fang's popgun cork, making it not too hard to hit with, but not undodgeable
- Maybe Item Boxes will not deal damage, but knock the player back, similar to fang's popgun, unless the thrown item is a Bomb, TNT Barrel.
- Silver's telekinesis is already very powerful, due to EVERY character having a projectile (Sonic's ground pound rocks, Knuckles rock blast, Amy's hearts (Silver cannot grab Charm Beam), Fang's popgun & bomb, and Metal Sonic's energy blast (might be grab-able, i don't know.)) So... I don't know if he really NEEDS to be able to grab players, (make the mashing somewhat easy because on maps like aerial garden you REALLY have to pray.) (Oh right you can mash out of Yoshi's eating, so that's something to go off of, but you cant throw immediately after grabbing someone, there's a delay, so maybe remove the delay but make mashing like yoshi's so that the Silver has less time to position the throw.) (Or just make it like Silver's boss fight where Silver is stuck in place during it maybe??? Just spitballing ideas, because Silver is actually overpowered. I'm pretty sure he's unbalanced.)
- Make Silver's Psycho Shock do something else when fully charged.

Last edited:
Is it normal that the "turrets" can still shoot at you while holding them with telekinesis?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back