Server hosting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelyepic

Well I've been hosting my server for a few days now and the only one who's been able to join my server is my bro. I'm guessing that he's able to join because we both use the same wireless connection. Is he the only one who can see it on the master server? And yes I have tried forwarding my ports. No one else can join for some reason...

The Master Server only lists joinable games, if nobody outside your network can join, then you haven't forwarded your ports correctly. Press restart on your console and try again :<

In other words, go through the process again, make sure you do so on any computer firewalls as well as router firewalls.

I've tried that as well. Still doesn't work.....On all other games, I can host my server, but not this one....

I always make sure my Browser is off. I don't have any programs accessing the internet when I play. And, I don't have any trojans/viruses on my CPU. It just doesn't make any sense...-_-

Freelancer does this, I'm not sure about SRB2. But when LAN servers are up, going into Internet servers also displays the LAN servers on the same list. If SRB2 does that, then your brother probably connected via LAN.

I'll Begin said:
Freelancer does this, I'm not sure about SRB2. But when LAN servers are up, going into Internet servers also displays the LAN servers on the same list. If SRB2 does that, then your brother probably connected via LAN.

I doubt that. When I made my server, I made it an internet server. My bro's cpu is right next to mine. I watched him search for internet servers and join my server.

There was one time where a guy joined my server. But he was the only one. I just found out today that my server never even shows up on the master server. I'm starting to think that only certain people can see my servers. Its so confusing

Truelyepic said:
I'll Begin said:
I doubt that. When I made my server, I made it an internet server. My bro's cpu is right next to mine. I watched him search for internet servers and join my server.
You completely misread my post. Try harder. I said that LAN and Internet servers are probably displayed on the same list. All servers are automatically LAN regardless of it being registered on the Master Server or not.

If you want to try it, don't host your server on the internet, and tell your brother to still search for internet games. If your server shows up then I'm right. (Btw this is not a solution to your problems, if you somehow couldn't tell)

Have you read the FAQ on the forums yet?

Oh ok I see what you're saying. I could try that but you're right, it wouldn't make a difference. I'm trying all kinds of stuff to see if I can get it to work myself. If anyone has found a solution that already hasn't been said here, please give me a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back