Feedback v3.1 - see comments and death spots in your map like in Mario Maker

[Open Assets] Feedback v3.1 - see comments and death spots in your map like in Mario Maker 3

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
attachment.php

How to use it:
1) Host a netgame or play singleplayer with the data recording script L_Feedback-v1.lua added
2) Add comments using the 'comment' console command or the '!comment' chat command. Death points in the map will also be recorded!
3) Data will be exported to luafiles/Deaths.txt and luafiles/Comments.txt. These files can be sent to someone else so they can view the data themselves.
4) In an offline game, add the map(s) and add the data viewing script L_SeeFeedback-v1.pk3
5) Comments and death markers will automatically import when a map begins - touch a comment to read player feedback!

Also, if you want to view comments from multiple comment/death files at once, simply name them as such and they will all load simultaneously: Comments.txt, Comments1.txt, Comments2.txt, Deaths.txt, Deaths1.txt, Deaths2.txt, etc (up to 9). This is useful for situations where multiple playtests on different servers each provided useful data, and you want to view it all at once.

Hopefully this will allow mapmakers to get much more detailed data from playtests and OLDC servers.

Attachments

• srb20366.gif
    srb20366.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 8,734
  • L_SeeFeedback-v3.pk3
    2.1 KB · Views: 376
  • L_Feedback-v3.1.lua
    3.2 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
srb20367.gif

Please remember to host servers using this addon for OLDC purposes! If you want!

v2 is out - Now, comments may be made during intermissions. You'll also need the v2 of SeeFeedback to view those comments when a map is loaded (intermission comments will print to the console)

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Sorry for the spam, but an important update (v3) is out - Now, comments can be written in the chat using !comment. Should be the last one for now.

This is great and awesome! It can be so useful and helpful for map-makers to improve their level design, like adding a Comment to say what you can modify, add or remove from that section, and the Death Points will help you find the most hard section from the map. When possible, i'll always use it!

It seems that this mod breaks on stages with the "noreload" flag, with the X's and comments disappearing on player death
srb20099.gif

(I like leaving this on and being able to see the places I've died, especially since it updates death locations in real time normally, please don't hurt me)
*edit
Forgot to mention, but it also saves when a bot player dies too

To make it a bit *more* akin to Mario Maker, you can make it only display death markers upon either level completion within the 3-sec timer, or upon player death until player presses Jump to respawn or the death intermission timer ends in SP.
You can also make a toggle between that and the default behaviour (show death markers always) using a console variable.

To make it a bit *more* akin to Mario Maker, you can make it only display death markers upon either level completion within the 3-sec timer, or upon player death until player presses Jump to respawn or the death intermission timer ends in SP.
You can also make a toggle between that and the default behaviour (show death markers always) using a console variable.
that sounds really interesting and i too would like to see that.

Is the comment bubble touch effect based on the effect from Developer's Commentary on Valve's source games? It sorta reminds me of that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back